What are they? What are the Benefits? Where can I find them?
The Oracle Learning Library (OLL) is an online resource for content about Oracle products. You can access videos, tutorials, articles, demos, step-by-step instructions, and self-paced interactive learning modules all written by Oracle developers and trusted community members. Learning paths are available for EPM Cloud and Oracle Analytics Cloud. They typically teach a use case or an end-to-end example. They sequence information to answer a question or perform a task and some introduce concepts and getting started information.
Note: For EPM Cloud customers, refer to the presentation given by Kathy Day, Angela Vermeer and Dave Roberts about EPM Cloud Learning Paths.
Learning paths can include:
- Oracle By Examples (OBE)
- Zip files
- Sample data
Learning Path Benefits:
The documentation contains details and procedures for all the features for a business process.The videos contain feature overviews and procedures for specific tasks. Learning Paths tie together all the task procedures to provide a step-by-step guide to accomplish a larger flow or set of procedures. They also include links to pertinent documentation and videos for each task.
Why are learning paths valuable?
Learning paths are valuable because they offer:
- Free training
- Industry standard
- Combine learning styles - For example, learners can read documentation topics, work through hands-on tutorials, use zip files with sample data, and watch video demos.
- Step-by-step instructions to perform a task
- Quizzes to assess learning
- Allow learners to progress at their own pace and track their progress
Where are learning paths located?
Learning paths can be found in the following locations - refer to screenshots below for examples.
- Oracle Learning Library.- Search the library for a topic OR click on "View Learning Paths". Apply filters to narrow your search.
What environments are required to complete a learning path?
- If the learning path consists of a use case or an end-to-end example, you will need an environment with a sample application installed, and you may need to upload a snapshot with data.
- If the learning path sequences documentation and videos, you do not need an environment.