Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) 11.2 On-Premises Release - What's Coming and Other Important Information that you should be aware of!
Please be advised that On-Premises Release 11.2 is scheduled for September, 2019*. (*Oracle Safe Harbor applies).
In addition, Oracle is announcing a “Continuous Innovation” release model for Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management System 11.2, delivering ongoing applications and underlying technology stack updates without a major upgrade. For more information, review Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Officially Joins Oracle Applications Unlimited - What Does This Mean?
Review the information below regarding On-Premises releases and DRM. Thank you to Margaret Reed, Mark Rinaldi and Al Marciante for their presentation on this topic.
On-Premises Release: 11.2 – Some Details
- Uplift to FMW 12g release
- Oracle Essbase 184.108.40.206 will still be used for Hyperion EPM 11.2
- Repository Simplification streamlines and simplifies infrastructure and architecture for the future
- Replace Foundation services with a simpler RDBMS repository
- Content migration for FR/Workspace to RDBMS repository
- 3rd party certifications* including: ( *This is not an exhaustive list)
- OS: Windows 2012, 2016 (Linux 7 & AIX 7.2 to follow in subsequent Patch Set Updates (PSU)
- RDBMS: Oracle 12.2, SQL Server 2017
- Browser: Edge, Chrome, Firefox
- JDK 1.8
- Technical upgrade – out of place install
- Enhancements delivered through a series of feature bearing Patch Set Updates (PSUs)
- Modelled on the 220.127.116.11.20x series
DRM for Hyperion EPM Replaces EPMA in 11.2
- Provides Superior Functionality for Dimension Maintenance and Hierarchy Management
- Delivers Increased Value, Streamlined Application Maintenance via:
- Single Dimension Definitions – Define target-specific derived properties & validation
- Value inheritance - calculate values based upon a controlling hierarchy
- Versioning – take historical snapshots, spin what-if scenarios, rollback to points-in-time
- Derived properties - calculate values based on user defined functions and scripts
- Custom validations - validate based on custom business logic
- Custom exports - define custom exports to filter and transform master hierarchies
- Compare hierarchies – on-demand “hot lists” of differences to ease reconciliation
- Migration Utility from EPMA to DRM for EPM will be provided
On-Premises Release: 18.104.22.168
Defect Fixing, 3rd party certification updates, enhancements thru Dec 2020
Extended support available thru Dec 2021
For more information, review the following:
- Presentation - by Margaret Reed, Mark Rinaldi and Al Marciante
- Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Officially Joins Oracle Applications Unlimited - What Does This Mean?
- Oracle Hyperion EPM System is now included under Applications Unlimited
- Oracle Applications Unlimited and Oracle Premier Support