How to Integrate Essbase Analytics Link (EAL) 22.214.171.124.500 with Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) 11.2
Thank you to Ilya Tebelev for contributing to this post!
- Deployment of EAL on WebLogic 12C with Java 1.8 (used by EPM 11.2) is not successful. Therefore, EAL 126.96.36.199.500 does not work with EPM 11.2. EAL is officially supported on EPM 11.1 using WebLogic 11G and Java 1.6.
- Development of EAL is not active, so I tried to find workaround to make EAL work with EPM 11.2. The workaround is: prepare a standalone machine that is dedicated to an EAL 188.8.131.52.500 installation on EPM 11.1 WebLogic domain with EPM 11.1 HSS and HFM Clients, but make sure the database of this EPM 11.1 installation points to the database repository of EPM 11.2.
- EAL must be deployed as a server on the EPM 11.1 WebLogic domain and must use Shared Services and HFM APIs (that is a part of Foundation Services Java Web Applications and HFM Management SDK deployment on WebLogic) of EPM 11.1 to communicate with EPM 11.2.
- EAL security and provisioning will be done by Shared Services 11.2, identified by "Shared Services and a Registry database" that is pointed by the local EPM 11.1HSS Client configuration.
- EAL 184.108.40.206.500, unlike previous versions of product, can communicate with only one HFM Server that is registered in Shared Services where the EAL managed by. In our case it will be HFM 11.2 that is registered with HSS 11.2 as part of EPM 11.2.
EPM 220.127.116.11.xxx installation:
* Use the latest version of EPM 18.104.22.168 available on MOS
Foundation Services Client installation:
HFM Client installation:
EPM 11.1 Configuration:
- Hyperion Foundation
- Common Settings
- Deploy to Application Server
- Financial Management
Configure the Shared Services database to point to a previously installed and configured EPM 11.2 Shared Services database (where HFM Server 11.2 is registered)
On the following screen, un-check Create of Windows Services for configured components, as it will not run.
Deploy a new Web Server locally. It will install the WebLogic Server locally with the EPM 11.1 domain.
Deploy Foundation Services on WebLogic locally. It will deploy Foundation Services 11.1 libraries that will allow to EAL communicate with HSS of EPM 11.2.
Finish Configuration of EPM 22.214.171.124.
Install HFM 11.1 Patch Set Update (to allow integration with EAL):
* Installed HFM PSU should be not older then Patch Set Update 20455650
CMD>opatch apply 28511735 -oh C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1 -jre C:\Oracle\Middleware\jdk160_35
Install and Configure EAL:
Install EAL in the regular way. Here are some important points regarding EAL installation and configuration.
Installation of EAL:
Choose a local WebLogic directory.
Configuration of EAL:
Note: Local Web Logic Admin Server has to run
Provide local WebLogic Server details:
Provide credentials for HSS in EPM 11.2, but local EPM (i.e., 11.1) instance Home.