The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS) update:
Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments on Friday, December 1, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, December 15, 2017, starting at 14:00 UTC-7 (2:00pm Pacific Time). The updates will be applied to your environments during the first daily maintenance occurring after this time.
Note: You can migrate maintenance snapshots from the current version of the service instance to the preceding version or to the next version. For example, snapshots from 17.08 can be imported into 17.07 and 17.09 service instances. Migration between the same versions is always supported. For more information about migration, see Administering Migration for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud.
- Advanced Consolidation Features
- Manage Ownership
- New Members for Elimination
- New System Rules for Consolidation
- Calculation for Opening Balance for Retained Earnings Prior
- Loading Metadata in Data Management
- New Custom Functions in Calculation Manager
- New Design-Time Prompt Functions in Calculation Manager
- Excel Smart View Support for Supplemental Data Sets
- New Smart View for Office Version
- New EPM Getting Started Guides
Removal of Support:
- Classic Dimension Editor - Effective the February 2018 (18.02) update, the Dimensions link in the Navigator will link to the Simplified Dimension Editor. Consequently, the Classic Dimension Editor will not be supported starting with the February 2018 update to the service (February 2, 2018 for test and February 16, 2018 for production instances).
- File-Based Integration of Data Management with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud
- Oracle Fusion Financial Cloud Budgetary Control and Encumbrance Accounting is now fully integrated with Data Management.
- This enhancement brings the integration of Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud on par with the current, out of the box, file-based integration. As a result, the file-based integration is being phased out starting the September update to the service.
- If you are using file-based integration between Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, Oracle recommends that you adopt this new integration as soon as possible.
- Refer to the December 2017 - Defects for the full list.
- Adding Base Members From Dimension Editor
- Smart View
- Copying and Clearing Data
- Change in Calculation of CTA for Net Income/Retained Earnings Current Accounts
- Comprehensive Income CTA Accounts
- Self Service Upgrade
- FCCS Amount Override and Rate Override Accounts
- Editing Dates in a Data Collection Period
- Entity Member Names/Aliases with ICP Property
- Working with Metadata
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1