The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS) update:
Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, November 3, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, November 17, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
Note: You can migrate maintenance snapshots from the current version of the service instance to the preceding version or to the next version. For example, snapshots from 17.08 can be imported into 17.07 and 17.09 service instances. Migration between the same versions is always supported. For more information about migration, see Administering Migration for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud.
- Configurable Calculations
- Integrations Between EPM Cloud Services
- Integration Available Between FCCS and TRCS and On-Premise Oracle E-Business Suite
- Generating Custom Reports for Close Manager and Supplemental Data Manager
- Journal Referential Integrity
- Journals Display Currency Name
- Updated Opening Balance Adjustment Translation for Historical Accounts
- Limits on Dimension Members
- Changes to CSV Version of the Provisioning Report
- Registering Duplicate Target Application Names in Data Management
Removal of Support:
- Classic Dimension Editor - Effective the February 2018 (18.02) update, the Dimensions link in the Navigator will link to the Simplified Dimension Editor. Consequently, the Classic Dimension Editor will not be supported starting with the February 2018 update to the service (February 2, 2018 for test and February 16, 2018 for production instances).
- File-Based Integration of Data Management with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud
- Oracle Fusion Financial Cloud Budgetary Control and Encumbrance Accounting is now fully integrated with Data Management.
- This enhancement brings the integration of Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud on par with the current, out of the box, file-based integration. As a result, the file-based integration is being phased out starting the September update to the service.
- If you are using file-based integration between Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, Oracle recommends that you adopt this new integration as soon as possible.
- Refer to the November 2017 - Defects updates for full list.
- Adding Base Members From Dimension Editor
- Importing a Single Currency to 17.11
- Smart View
- Copying and Clearing Data
- Change in Calculation of CTA for Net Income/Retained Earnings Current Accounts
- CICTA Redirection Account Settings Not Retained After Upgrade
- Self Service Upgrade
- FCCS Amount Override and Rate Override Accounts
- Editing Dates in a Data Collection Period
- Entity Member Names/Aliases with ICP Property
- Working with Metadata
Upcoming Updates to Plan For:
Please take note of these important changes coming to Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud in the next few months, and plan accordingly.
- Advanced Consolidation Capabilities - Advanced Consolidation features will be included in future updates. If the Ownership Management feature (which allows you to use Advanced Consolidation) is enabled, you will need to reconsolidate all existing data in order to re-populate the Proportion Consolidation dimension.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1