The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS) update:
Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environment on Friday, October 6, 2017 and to your production environment on Friday, October 20, 2017. The update will be applied during your normal daily maintenance window.
Note: You can migrate maintenance snapshots from the current version of the service instance to the preceding version or to the next version. For example, snapshots from 17.08 can be imported into 17.07 and 17.09 service instances. Migration between the same versions is always supported. For more information about migration, see Administering Migration for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud.
- New EPM Automate Utility Version
- Enhanced HsGetValue Function
- Display Localized Labels in Referenced Navigation Flow Cards, Tabs, and Clusters
- Valid Intersections in Dashboard POVs
- Ability to Set all Dimensions for a Point of View at One Time
- New Simplified Dimension Editor
Removal of Support:
- File-Based Integration of Data Management with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud
- Classic Dimension Editor
- Microsoft Excel Known Issue That Affects Smart View for Office
- CICTA Redirection Account Settings Not Retained After Upgrade
- Copying Managed Data
- Self Service Upgrade
- FCCS Amount Override and Rate Override Accounts
- Editing Dates in a Data Collection Period
- Entity Member Names/Aliases with ICP Property
- Working with Metadata
Please take note of these important changes coming to Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud in the next few months, and plan accordingly.
- Advanced Consolidation Capabilities - Advanced Consolidation features will be included in future updates. If the Ownership Management feature (which allows you to use Advanced Consolidation) is enabled, you will need to reconsolidate all existing data in order to re-populate the Proportion Consolidation dimension.
- Limits on Dimension Members - For optimal performance, Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud will begin providing limits on the maximum number of dimension members allowed in each dimension. Starting in a future update, Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud will stop you from saving non-compliant metadata with error messages explaining that you have exceeded the acceptable number of dimension members.
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1