The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS) update:
Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments starting at 22:00 UTC (15:00 PDT) on Friday, April 6, 2018 and to your production environment on Friday, April 20, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC. The updates will be applied to your environments during the first subsequent daily maintenance.
Announcements and New Features:
- Additional Charts in Activity Report
- Migration and Audit Cards Moved to Tools Cluster
- Support for Infolets
- Support for Subtitles in Infolets
- New Financial Reporting Explore Repository
- New Row and Column Suppression Behavior
- Configurable Consolidations
- Exporting Ownership Management Information
- New Seeded Member in Other Comprehensive Income Hierarchy
- Support for Custom Automated and Event Monitoring Integrations
- Support for XLSX Format in Close Manager and Supplemental Data Manager Reports
Removal of Support:
- Classic Dimension Editor
- Effective with the June 2018 (18.06) update, the Dimensions link in the Navigator will link to the Simplified Dimension Editor, which was released with the 17.05 update (May 2017). Consequently, the Classic Dimension Editor will not be supported starting with the June 2018 update to the service (June 1, 2018 for test and June 15, 2018 for production instances).
- File-Based Integration of Data Management with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud
- Oracle Fusion Financial Cloud Budgetary Control and Encumbrance Accounting is now fully integrated with Data Management.
- This enhancement brings the integration of Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud on par with the current, out of the box, file-based integration. As a result, the file-based integration is being phased out starting the September update to the service.
- If you are using file-based integration between Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, Oracle recommends that you adopt this new integration as soon as possible.
- Financial Reporting Studio Desktop Client
- Oracle is committed to providing a simple and intuitive user experience. To achieve this, Financial Reporting Web Studio, available since March 2016, will become the only environment for designing and building reports.
- Oracle is providing additional time for users to transition from Financial Reporting Desktop Studio to Financial Reporting Web Studio. Tentative plans call for functional parity between Financial Reporting Web Studio and Financial Reporting Desktop Studio in 2018, at which time, support for the Desktop Studio will transition to the Web Studio and distribution of the Desktop Studio will cease. This transition is currently planned for the 18.06 update (June 01, 2018 for test and June 15, 2018 for production environments).
- Oracle recommends that you transition to using Financial Reporting Web Studio at the earliest opportunity. Please send questions and concerns to Oracle using the Provide Feedback option in the service.
- Software issues addressed each month will be posted to Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights (Doc ID 2055579.1)
- Restructuring Cubes
- Configurable Consolidation Rules
- Setting the Factor in Configurable Consolidation RuleSets
- Exchange Rate Type for Plug Accounts
- Intercompany Matching Reports
- Member Formulas in the Simplified Dimension Editor
- Translation Rules
- Auto Reversal Journals
- Importing Journal Artifacts
- Reconsolidating Data After Upgrading
- Ownership Management Enablement
- Adding Base Members From Dimension Editor
- Copying and Clearing Data
- Change in Calculation of CTA for Net Income / Retained Earnings Current Accounts
- Self Service Upgrade
- Editing Dates in a Collection Period
- Entity Member Names / Aliases with ICP Property
- Working with Metadata
- Smart View Summary Dialog Display
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1