The following announcements and considerations are outlined in the upcoming Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS) update:
Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud (FCCS)
Monthly Update Schedule:
Oracle will apply the latest updates to your test environments starting at 22:00 UTC (14:00 PST) on Friday, February 2, 2018 and to your production environment on Friday, February 16, 2018, also starting at 22:00 UTC. The updates will be applied to your environments during the first subsequent daily maintenance.
Note: You can import backup snapshots into environments with the same, the preceding or the next update versions. For example, you can import backup snapshots from release 17.08 into releases 17.07 and 17.09.
Announcements and New Features:
- Support for Auto-Reversing Journals
- Journal Attachments
- Enabling the Balance Calculation
- Exporting Tasks From Close Manager Task Lists to Excel
- Selectable Parameters for EPM Integrations
- Integration Tasks for Uploading and Downloading Files Within EPM
- New EPM Automate Utility Version
- Application-Level Provisioning for Data Management
Removal of Support:
- Classic Dimension Editor
- With the March 2018 (18.03) update, the Dimensions link in the Navigator will link to the Simplified Dimension Editor, which was released several months ago. Consequently, the Classic Dimension Editor will not be supported starting with the March 2018 update to the service (March 2, 2018 for test and March 16, 2018 for production instances).
- File-Based Integration of Data Management with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud
- Oracle Fusion Financial Cloud Budgetary Control and Encumbrance Accounting is now fully integrated with Data Management.
- This enhancement brings the integration of Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud on par with the current, out of the box, file-based integration. As a result, the file-based integration is being phased out starting the September update to the service.
- If you are using file-based integration between Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, Oracle recommends that you adopt this new integration as soon as possible.
- Refer to the February 2018 - Defects for the full list.
- Reconsolidating Data After Upgrading
- Ownership Management Enablement
- Importing Journal Artifacts
- Adding Base Members from Dimension Editor
- Smart View Summary Dialog Display
- Copying and Clearing Data
- Change in Calculation of CTA for Net Income/Retained Earnings Current Accounts
- Comprehensive Income CTA Accounts
- Self Service Upgrade
- Editing Dates in a Data Collection Period
- Entity Member Names/Aliases with ICP Property
- Working with Metadata
Refer to the following links and documents for further information:
- Oracle Cloud Release Readiness - Get up to speed on the latest cloud release and ensure your upgrade is a success with Oracle's Release Readiness assets. To access this broad range of assets, locate your service on the left, then choose a release from the service's drop-down menu. Learn and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features,including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips.
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Knowledge Article: Enterprise Performance Management Cloud Release Highlights Doc ID 2055579.1