By AlanBoucher-Oracle on Oct 02, 2014
Anyone logging Service Requests recently might have noticed changes to some of the available options.
Oracle is enhancing My Oracle Support (MOS) to provide a new Guided Resolution feature to help streamline the process for solving common software and hardware issues.
This feature is designed to guide you to a technical resolution for known issues by using fact-driven logic based on your specific situation and/or configuration.
The following screenshot shows what you will see if a guided resolution flow is available, in this case for WebCenter Content (WCC) Installation Issues and Troubleshooting. Notice the yellow box that says Guided resolution has been activated. This is what tells you there is a guided resolution for that Problem Type.
The goal is for users to get access to Oracle best practices for diagnosing issues across key product areas while retaining the flexibility of filing an SR in the event that a solution is not found.
The following screen shot shows the start of a guided resolution with the list of options available.
The WebCenter Content Problem Types that currently have Guided Resolutions in MOS are:
- 1. Installation > Installation Issues and Troubleshooting
- 1. Installation > High Availability - Clustering
- 2. Configuration and Administration > Searching and Indexing
- 2. Configuration and Administration > High Availability - Clustering
- 4. Runtime Issues, Performance and Monitoring > Searching and Indexing
- 5. Product Usage and Application Development > Content UI
- 7. Security > Active Directory
- 7. Security > Content Server Security / Authentication
- 7. Security > Credential Map
- 7. Security > LDAP
- 7. Security > OAM
- 7. Security > OSSO
Click here to reference the official statement on the Guided Resolution Feature (PDF).
|Please be aware that Guided Resolutions are being constantly improved with new flows and will incorporate more products|
We encourage you to send feedback on your experience by selecting the "Contact Us" link from My Oracle Support and then selecting Problem Type "General issues with MOS" >> "Software-MOS Feedback/Enhancement Request."
Your feedback helps drive our ongoing efforts to enhance your My Oracle Support experience.