- Advisor Webcast:WebCenter Content 12c, Documents Cloud Service and Hybrid ECM - Feb 17th
- New "Guided Resolutions" Help, when Creating Service Requests (SRs)
- WebCenter Content Server; Patching Changes
- Oracle WebCenter Content (WCC) Best Practices for Using Oracle Text Search (OTS) - Part 1: Gathering Information about the Text Index
- WebCenter Content 12c is Here!
- Oracle OpenWorld 2015! All about WebCenter, Support, and More
- ADVISOR WEBCAST: WebCenter Content: Performance Tuning Part 2
- Oracle WebCenter Content (WCC) 18.104.22.168.13 Bundle Patch is Here!
- WebCenter 22.214.171.124.2 is Here!
- ADVISOR WEBCAST: WebCenter Content - Oracle Text Search (OTS) for Oracle Database 11g
Monday Jan 11, 2016
Wednesday Jan 06, 2016
By Ken Walker-Oracle on Jan 06, 2016
Monday Dec 07, 2015
Oracle WebCenter Content (WCC) Best Practices for Using Oracle Text Search (OTS) - Part 1: Gathering Information about the Text Index
By Ken Walker-Oracle on Dec 07, 2015
Friday Oct 23, 2015
Monday Oct 19, 2015
By Ken Walker-Oracle on Oct 19, 2015
Thursday May 14, 2015
By Ken Walker-Oracle on May 14, 2015
Wednesday Mar 25, 2015
By Ken Walker-Oracle on Mar 25, 2015
Monday Jan 05, 2015
By Ken Walker-Oracle on Jan 05, 2015
Monday Oct 27, 2014
By Ken Walker-Oracle on Oct 27, 2014
Thursday Oct 02, 2014
By Alanboucher-Oracle on Oct 02, 2014
Anyone logging Service Requests recently might have noticed changes to some of the available options.
Oracle is enhancing My Oracle Support (MOS) to provide a new Guided Resolution feature to help streamline the process for solving common software and hardware issues.
This feature is designed to guide you to a technical resolution for known issues by using fact-driven logic based on your specific situation and/or configuration.
The following screenshot shows what you will see if a guided resolution flow is available, in this case for WebCenter Content (WCC) Installation Issues and Troubleshooting. Notice the yellow box that says Guided resolution has been activated. This is what tells you there is a guided resolution for that Problem Type.
The goal is for users to get access to Oracle best practices for diagnosing issues across key product areas while retaining the flexibility of filing an SR in the event that a solution is not found.
The following screen shot shows the start of a guided resolution with the list of options available.
The WebCenter Content Problem Types that currently have Guided Resolutions in MOS are:
- 1. Installation > Installation Issues and Troubleshooting
- 1. Installation > High Availability - Clustering
- 2. Configuration and Administration > Searching and Indexing
- 2. Configuration and Administration > High Availability - Clustering
- 4. Runtime Issues, Performance and Monitoring > Searching and Indexing
- 5. Product Usage and Application Development > Content UI
- 7. Security > Active Directory
- 7. Security > Content Server Security / Authentication
- 7. Security > Credential Map
- 7. Security > LDAP
- 7. Security > OAM
- 7. Security > OSSO
Click here to reference the official statement on the Guided Resolution Feature (PDF).
|Please be aware that Guided Resolutions are being constantly improved with new flows and will incorporate more products|
We encourage you to send feedback on your experience by selecting the "Contact Us" link from My Oracle Support and then selecting Problem Type "General issues with MOS" >> "Software-MOS Feedback/Enhancement Request."
Your feedback helps drive our ongoing efforts to enhance your My Oracle Support experience.
Monday Aug 04, 2014
By Ken Walker-Oracle on Aug 04, 2014
Tuesday Jul 15, 2014
By Alanboucher-Oracle on Jul 15, 2014
If you have a CSI number, then you are eligible for technical support for your Oracle products using the My Oracle Support (MOS) portal.
With the rollout of My Oracle Support 14.3 on July 18, 2014, there will be changes to certified browsers.
If your browser is not upgraded, you may encounter issues or receive unexpected results and the solution will be to move to the certified browser. Fixes will not be generated for browsers that are no longer supported.
Check your browser version before July 18 to minimize any adverse impact later, when you do need to use MOS for any research or to file an SR.
Monday Jun 16, 2014
By Ken Walker-Oracle on Jun 16, 2014
Oracle has released bundle patches for both WebCenter Content and Portal in April 2014 which bring home the support for FrameworkFolders. These patches will bring these products to version 126.96.36.199.3.[Read More]