Why Use My Oracle Support Community (MOSC)
By Kenn Jones-Moderator-Oracle on Jun 03, 2013
Why Use MOSC?
Can you use My Oracle Support Community to receive support from Oracle?
Yes. In addition to using the robust knowledge base, service request (SR), and configuration management functions, My Oracle Support Community is designed to share knowledge, ideas, and expertise with your industry peers. The community enables you to obtain real-time access to an expanded network of trusted industry professionals, including Oracle experts, to help you get the information you need faster and more efficiently.
You have many Oracle Product experts that are checking these communities on a daily basis:
Should I attempt to get an answer to a problem in lieu of opening an SR?
Yes by all means, by using the forum you may get the answer you need without opening an SR!
Not only do you have multiple Oracle experts viewing the IDM forum, but I would suggest also using the search tool within the IDM forum.
As an example:
Let’s say you are having OC4J_Security Startup Issues , Then you can just “Create a Post” or “Do a Search” and see if your issue has already been addressed within the IDM MOSC.
1. Log in to the Identity Management Community
2. Enter as search criteria “OC4J security startup issue”
Notice there has been numerous discussions about OC4J security startup issue and possibly one of these will help you resolve your issue!
Who can participate in the My Oracle Support Community?
If you have access to My Oracle Support, Oracle's customer support portal, you automatically are a member. There is no additional registration required.
How do I access My Oracle Support Community?
Login to My Oracle Support, formerly known as MetaLink, navigate to the Community tab. My Oracle Support Community opens in a new browser window. To return to other areas of My Oracle Support, select the previous browser session.
Why Use MOSC?
As a customer “My Oracle Support Community” should be one of your favorite Oracle Web Places to bookmark and continuously visit?
What is My Oracle Support Community?
My Oracle Support Community is a multi-channel interactive community for sharing information, posting questions and answers, and providing suggestions about Oracle products, services, and related technologies.
My Oracle Support Community content is structured as follows:
- Categories represent a collection of communities. Often, categories are used to organize communities into a tree structure so members can find the right topics more easily.
- Community is the area where individual discussions take place, knowledge is shared, and you can see the latest activity pertaining to your community.
- Users can create documents and upload it to specific communities.
- Oracle provides additional content which is useful to members of each community.
- Discussions are commonly known as forums and areas where individual discussions take place are as a listing of threads. Discussions are most commonly used to post a question and receive responses.
- Threads are the discussions that consist of one or more messages displayed as a list, or in a tree structure of messages and their replies.
- Messages are the individual discussion posts made by community members.
Is there a “Help” document for MOSC?