Olympic Athletes Wish They Knew Our Quick Training Secrets
By Irina Donaldson - Moderator -Oracle on Feb 14, 2014
All the talk on the planet lately is about the Olympics, everyone cheering for the individuals who have dedicated their lives to pushing the human body to its limits. We admire and respect them, sometimes wish we had a fraction of that dedication. There is no quick route to that level of fitness and skill.
Seeing snow on the ground as I look out the window, my thoughts wander toward summer, remembering the color "green", and I begin preparing for a half marathon -- just a few months of training followed by a couple of hours of stress on the race course. There will be no cheering crowd throwing me flowers as I cross the finish line, only satisfaction in achieving a goal that I worked hard for.
Do you spend a lot of time training, not just in your personal life, but also at work?
We just upgraded the MOS Communities (MOSC) to Jive, merged them with the OTN Forums, so now we are together having to learn to navigate the new interface, along with all our other tasks.
One thing that might help you quickly get up to speed with the new MOSC and other features of MOS is this article, that has short videos explaining different MOS features:
- How do you stay on top of the latest patches?
- Where can you check that products are certified to work together before you begin installing willy nilly?
- Is there a way to access our knowledge base while you're standing in line at the grocery store?
- Will your product really be desupported at the end of the year?
All these and more are covered. Check out the videos while you're on the treadmill, and improve your life in multiple ways simultaneously.
We also have webcasts coming up that you might be interested in:
- Register for one of many in the timezone of your choice (through March). Lasting 40 minutes, these sessions will get you setup and using the new MOS Community in record time
- Thirty minute presentations, scheduled through February, will explain what Cloud Support is all about. Sign up for one today!
There are times when long trainings make enormous impact. Other times when they don't. We hope that we can streamline the work-related trainings so that you can devote more time to personal goals.