(In via Ahmed)
New updates have been made to the OBIEE "Best Practices Guide for Infrastructure Tuning" whitepaper.
This updated whitepaper is for 11g Release 1 (22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199) and can be downloaded from the My Oracle Support knowledge article:
OBIEE 11g Infrastructure Performance Tuning
Doc ID 1333049.1
The new revised document contains the following useful new and/or updated tuning items:
- Optimized JVM switches for Oracle JRockit / Sun JVM / IBM JVM etc
- New tuning parameters settings / values for JavaHost / OPIS / OBIS components.
- Improved BIEE / platform performance monitoring techniques.
- IBM WebSphere tuning parameters.
- More WebLogic Server tuning parameters.
- Windows Server 2012 tuning parameters.
- New optimized Linux / AIX tuning parameters.
- Additional Essbase ASO tuning parameters.
- libOVD authenticator search tuning
And many more….
tuning information stated in this guide is only for orientation, every
modification has to be tested and its impact should be monitored and
implementing any of the tuning settings, it is recommended to carry out
end to end performance testing that will also include to obtain
baseline performance data for the default configurations, make
incremental changes to the tuning settings and then collect performance
data. Otherwise it may worse the system performance.