Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) is typically upgraded every calendar quarter, so it was no surprise that on 10 March 2014 the new version 8.03 was released.
Changes incorporated this time include:
- Facilities were added to access SQL Server and DB2 databases (in addition to the Oracle database) in the Hyperion1112_HIR profile (hopefully the start of similar expansions in other modules). This feature is limited to the Hyperion Shared Services registry database as accessed via reg.properties.
- Profiles were added to include: Hyperion1112_FDM, Hyperion1112_HDM, Hyperion1112_HPC, Hyperion1112_HPS, and Hyperion1112_HSF.
- Features were added in RDA 8.03 to the following profiles: Hyperion1112_EAS, Hyperion1112_EPM, Hyperion1112_HFM, Hyperion1112_HIR, Hyperion1112_HPC, Hyperion1112_HSS
HCVE EPM Server and EPM Client Tools Improvements.
An early release of 'Hyperion' and 'BI' menus in Diagnostic Assistant is bundled with RDA 8.03. Explore these new features by
- Navigating into an RDA 8.03 unzipped home on Microsoft Windows (or Unix/Linux)
- \rda\da\ (or /rda/da/)
- >da.cmd menu (or >da.sh menu)
- >da.cmd startweb (or >da.sh startweb)
- Point browser to "http://localhost:8888" (user 'admin'; password 'welcome1')
- >da.cmd stopweb (or >da.sh stopweb)
Download the newest version via the Knowledge article:
"Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) - Getting Started"
Doc ID 314422.1
For details on how to use RDA specifically for the EPM and BI products refer to:
"Business Analytics Instrumentation Index [Video]"
Doc ID 1514548.1