By Torben Hein -Oracle on Sep 16, 2013
(in via Maurice)
Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) 8.1 was released Tuesday, 10 September 2013.
Download this most recent version of RDA via My Oracle Support and KM Doc "Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) - Getting Started" (314422.1).
A number of significant features have been added to the preinstall tool (health check validation engine, HCVE) of RDA relating to Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Server 11.1.2.x:
- Accesses an Oracle database repository using the SID
- Detects important Oracle database parameters (OPEN_CURSORS, SESSION_CACHED_CURSORS)
- Collects various library environment variable values (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH, SHLIB_PATH, PATH)
- Detects whether Oracle database variable NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS has a value of "CHAR" in EPM 126.96.36.199 and earlier
- Detects whether Oracle database parameter 'sessions' has appropriate value depending on EPM version.
- Determines whether database owner has appropriate rights and roles for Oracle database repository with respect to EPM version.
- Link established between EPM applications and .NET framework on Microsoft Windows.
- Redundant prompts for tablespace names have been removed.
Run the hcve tool and confirm the database parameter values are as recommended.
To withdraw the role added above, run the following in sqlplus as sysdba:
It might prove useful to run the RDA hcve tool on a post-installed/post-configured EPM environment, but interpret the 'clean' environment analysis rules differently.