Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) 8 now available
By Paul Anderson -Oracle on Jul 25, 2013
(in via Maurice)
Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) version 8 was released this week (23 July 2013) after extensive testing.
This most recent version should now be used in preference to earlier RDA versions. The downloads are available in the following knowledge article on My Oracle Support:
Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) - Getting Started [Doc ID 314422.1]
Around 216 bugs and enhancements were handled in the process of updating RDA from version 4.31 to version 8.00.
A regular user of RDA will not see many changes as very few modifications have been made to the interface - however of interest:
- The default output will go into a sub-directory named, "output", that is created on the fly.
- The chief addition has been the case sensitive (miniscule) parameter, "-s <directory>". It creates a collector file with the same name appended with ".cfg" as well as a directory with the same name in which the output accumulates.
- The <directory>.cfg file is located in the directory that RDA was executed from.
- To improve security, passwords are no longer stored in plain text in the *.cfg file.
The profiles which begin "Hyperion1112_" request the unambiguous path for 'Middleware home' environment variable as opposed to one of the Oracle Homes. RDA modules (all caps names) should not be called directly for Hyperion collections. Profiles (mixed case names starting 'Hyperion1112_') should be called instead.
Hyperion and OBIEE specific improvements are summarized as follows:
- HCVE: Corrected memory detection, provided version 126.96.36.199 option, improved port detection, improved prior install detection, improved NPTL version detection, proper processor speed is recorded.
- Hyperion1112_HPSV: Log collection for Hyperion Provider Services has been expanded (especially on Linux).
- Hyperion1112_EAS: Log collections for Essbase Administration Services have been expanded (especially on Linux).
- Hyperion1112_HPL: Hyperion Planning start and stop scripts and more logs are now collected.
- Hyperion1112_HIR: Hyperion Interactive Reporting logs on Linux are now collected and ambiguities in prompts have been removed.
- Hyperion1112_ESS: Essbase security dumps, logs, and start scripts are now collected.
- Hyperion1112_EPM: Improved logs and registry dump are now collected and collections no longer crash on Linux.
- OBIEE: a new Oracle Exalytics module has been released in RDA 8 and an hcve module has been updated.
NOTE: Unfortunately repository database logins are not functioning in the Hyperion profiles of RDA (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)