Further to our previous Blog post "OBIA 220.127.116.11.1 Now Available" ...
A summary review to highlight the What's New in this latest Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA) 11g - 18.104.22.168.1 release.
| WHATS NEW
This new release of OBIA 11g adds:
- Prebuilt Connector for Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics with Oracle JD Edwards
- Expanded functional content coverage across existing OBIA
- New utilities and enhancements to increase productivity and further drive down Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
New Prebuilt Connector for BI Applications
- Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics introduces a new adapter that provides out-of-box integration between Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics and Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, enabling purchasing and sourcing organizations quickly identify savings opportunities and improve operational performance through decision-ready, best practice analytics.
New Content Enhancements: Significant expansion of content improves existing OBIA including:
- Oracle Human Resources Analytics expands analysis on HR programs and workforce performance with the introduction of Talent Management Analysis, to help HR and business managers assess talent strengths and build potential leaders by delivering greater insight into job profiles. Improvements to Absence Management, new support for Workforce Frozen Snapshots and Workforce Flex Fields are also available.
- Oracle Financial Analytics improves company Financial Performance with the new Subledger Accounting Module, providing complete account balance analysis, including supporting reference balances and drill down to accounting transactions. Aging Snapshot restoration for Receivables and Payables, drilldown from Payables to Purchase Orders, and Fixed Assets support for GL Posting Status are features also included in the release.
- Oracle Project Analytics expands insight into project-based data with new Earned Value Management Analysis, providing visibility for Project Stakeholders into Planned Value, Earned Value, and Actual Cost. Analysis of variances and indices, derived from Cost and Schedule Variance, CPI, TCPI, SPI and TSPI, is also available.
- Oracle Supply Chain & Order Management Analytics introduces Costing and Inventory Turn support for Oracle JDE EnterpriseOne. In addition, the ability to save and restore the Inventory Snapshot when executing a full load is now supported.
- Oracle Student Information Analytics introduces new Financial Aid Analysis, containing term-based detail information associated with a student award such as amount, status, disbursement, and aid type.
- Oracle Manufacturing Analytics and Enterprise Asset Management Analytics have been re-introduced into the BI Applications data model. Although new with ODI, both modules provide now the same broad functionality available with BI Applications 22.214.171.124
- Unstructured Data for Information Discovery - The BI Applications Data Model has been extended to include unstructured CRM and ERP text fields. Sample Information Discovery templates - including ODI interfaces and runtime security definitions - provide the ability to quickly create sample Information Discovery Applications from combined structured and unstructured data.
New Utilities and Enhancements to increase productivity and drive down TCO
- New Data Lineage Tool allows customers and implementers to track lineage from source to target - improving information transparency across their enterprise
- Configuration Management expands System Setup and Load Plan definition capabilities, including the registration of multiple instances for the same Product Line Version, UI enhancements to support DW connection configuration and Load Plan definition, and Load Plan definition migration.
- Fact Partitioning IKMs and Parallel Index Builds are key performance Innovations introduced with this release. The former enables a feature that tags partitions so that only the indexes that need to be re-built during incremental loads are executed. The latter uses ODI parallel process so that Indexes can be built using multiple session (faster than and in addition to DB parallel).
The OBIA 126.96.36.199.1 is available for download from:
Oracle Technology Network (OTN)
Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
For full download details visit previous Blog post:
OBIA 188.8.131.52.1 Now Available
The OBIA 184.108.40.206.1 documentation is available via the Oracle Documentation Library:
OBIA 220.127.116.11.1 Documentation
| MORE INFORMATION
If you encounter an issue installing this patch or any other OBIA patch please post to the BI Patch Review Community:
Want to share or collaborate with others on an OBIA issue? Why not speak to the OBIA Community as a first step on your way to a solution:
- My Oracle Support Community - OBIA