By Torben Hein -Oracle on Aug 30, 2012
(thanks to Nancy, who shared this with me)
New for Smart View v220.127.116.11.300, Patch 14362638,
Microsoft Office 64-bit is now supported:
Information for 64-Bit Microsoft Office Installations:
In this release, Smart View supports
the 64-bit version on Microsoft Office.
If you use 64-bit Office, please note the following:
- Oracle provides separate Smart View installation files for 64-bit and 32-bit Office systems. .
- smartview-x64.exe is the file for 64-bit Office installations.
- smartview.exe is the file for 32-bit Office installations.
- The 64-bit version of Smart View pertains only to the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office and not to the version of the operating system. Customers with 64-bit operating systems and the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office should install the 32-bit version of Smart View.
- You cannot install the 64-bit version of Smart View from EPM Workspace (13530466).
- Although Planning Offline is supported for 64-bit operating systems, it is not supported for 64-bit Smart View installations. If you use Planning Offline with Smart View, you must use the 32-bit version of Smart View and the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office.
- In 64-bit versions of Excel 2010 SP1, the presence of Smart View functions may cause Excel to terminate abruptly and may prevent Copy Data Point and Paste Data Point functions from working. This is a Microsoft issue, and a service request has been filed with Microsoft. Workaround: Until the Microsoft fix, use the 32-bit version of Smart View. (13606492)
- The Smart View function migration utility is not supported on 64-bit Office. (14342207)
(corrected the version from ..103 to ...300 - sorry for the confusion this might have caused)