By Torben Hein -Oracle on Mar 06, 2013
One of the frequent topics that comes up in conversation between support and customers circles around the terminology of "supported", "certified" and in general what systems work with other systems. The following official definition may help to clarify this a bit.
What are certifications?
A certification is a combination of Oracle and third-party products and operating systems that Oracle has tested and should work together.
What is the difference between certified and supported?
Certified is not the same as supported. Each product has its own support policy and timeframe, completely separate to certification. For example, a product combination may have been certified by Oracle in 1995. However, one or more of the products in that certification may no longer be supported by Oracle or a third-party vendor.
For information about Oracle's Lifetime Support Policy, view the following URL in a browser:
Where do I find information about what systems work with other systems?
There are a number of ways:
- We do have certification communities for EPM and BI. Simply go to these on Oracle Communities and ask your question.
- You can have a look at the "supported Platform Matrix" for your Product. A general entry point for Fusion Middleware is this one. And more specific you find the links to the EPM Support Matrices here. (both do not require a login )
- When Logged into My Oracle Support (MOS) you can navigate to the certification tab and locate your version certification there.
One special topic are the browsers - where do I find information about browser certification?
Probably the best overview page (thanks Greg for keeping this current):
- Enterprise Performance Management Products Compatibility with Internet Explorer ( IE6, IE7, IE8 and IE9)
( Doc ID 1355681.1) ( bookmarking this is strongly recommended )
- Internet Explorer (IE7, IE8 and IE9) Recommended Settings for Oracle Hyperion Products
( Doc ID 820892.1)
- EPM Support Matrix - Product Compatibility Information
( Doc ID 1507504.1)
- When Will EPM Support Windows 8 and Internet Explorer (IE) 10?
( Doc ID 1492671.1)