- Top 5 Solution Documents for Oracle Forms/Reports and APEX - Feb 2014
- New My Oracle Support Community (MOSC) Platform
- Oracle Application Express (APEX) 5.0 Early Adopter 1
- IMPORTANT: My Oracle Support Community and OTN Profiles Merge January 31, 2014
- Oracle Forms - A Closer Look at the JRE Security Warning(s) Related to JAR Signing and Manifests
- Oracle Critical Patch Update January 2014 - Availability and Relevance
- Just Released - Fusion Middleware Forms & Reports 11gR2 Patchset 2 (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Support News : December 2013
- Available Now! SQL Developer Release 4.0 - Production
- SQL Developer Data Modeler 4.0 (full release)
Wednesday Jan 29, 2014
Monday Dec 09, 2013
By mkh on Dec 09, 2013
Wednesday Oct 16, 2013
By supatel on Oct 16, 2013
Friday Sep 27, 2013
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Sep 27, 2013
Article by Falilou Waidi, Principal Support Engineer, Oracle Corporation, France
Oracle Forms Services applications can be executed in a Single Sign-on environment using Oracle Access Manager 11g (OAM) and Oracle Internet Directory (OID) to eliminate the need for additional or different logins to access many applications during the same user session.
Oracle Forms Services applications in Oracle FMW 11g Release 2 can be protected by one of the following authentication servers:
- Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g
- Oracle Single Sign-On Server (OSSO) 10g
Monday Sep 16, 2013
Monday Aug 12, 2013
By mkh on Aug 12, 2013
The Early Adopter release of Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler 4.0 is now available on OTN (Oracle Technology It completes as important add-on release 4.0 of SQL Developer. It comes with an interesting set of new features.
Wednesday Jul 17, 2013
By mkh on Jul 17, 2013
An interesting piece ...
for Oracle Forms developers targeting "Modernization of Oracle Forms".
PJCs (Pluggable Java Components) are one method changing the look&feel and functionality of Oracle Forms applications without modification of the application logic and sources itself. Change requirements and customizations can be implemented working on a wrapping Java layer.
To make it easy, the Oracle Forms PJC Wizard is around. Using JDeveloper the wizard guides along the PJC creation in some simple steps.
Forms PJC Wizard 1.0 is now considered as official Oracle JDeveloper Extensions. Available in the JDeveloper Update Center, installation and updating goes in synch with other JDeveloper components.
Use Oracle JDeveloper 220.127.116.11+ update feature or get Forms PJC Wizard on the Update Center.
Friday Jul 12, 2013
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Jul 12, 2013
The Early Adopter release of Oracle SQL Developer 4.0 is now available on OTN (Oracle Technology Network) with a lot enhancements on functionality and usability.
Highlighting some of the new feature areas :
- Find Database Object - Search
- Command Line
- UI Enhancements
- Data Modeler 4.0
- JDK 7 Support
Here are a few links to get you started :
Tuesday Jul 09, 2013
By mkh on Jul 09, 2013
Java is a very dynamic area. We see frequently updates and enhancements.
Typically new functionality is added, often with scope security, so
definitely worth to consider.
For Oracle Forms end users, it is safe and recommended to follow those JRE maintenance updates for their clients - certainly within the certification range for client platforms (System Requirements and Supported Platforms for Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 (18.104.22.168.0) Certification Matrix ).
For JRE 1.7.0_25 & 1.6.0_51 Oracle Forms administrators and end users must be aware of this potential impact:
- Some WebUtil HOST calls may not work. Specifically those which include strings that contain spaces and/or special characters (e.g. > < * & |).
- Messages like "Missing Permissions manifest attribute for: http://machinename:port/forms/java/frmall.jar" and "Missing Codebase manifest attribute for: http://machinename:port/forms/java/frmall.jar" indicate that the JAR file manifest files will now require new entries. New Forms JARs need to be obtained via Oracle Support.
- Calls from html Java script into a form may throw a warning "Block potentially unsafe components from being run?".
Find the heads-up for Oracle Forms system administrators and more details in " Release of JRE 1.7.0_25 & 1.6.0_51 and Impact on Forms 11g [ID 1563023.1]]"
Wednesday Apr 03, 2013
By mkh on Apr 03, 2013
Oracle Fusion Middleware 11 G Release 1 is now on patchset 6 with version number 22.214.171.124.
Download it from
- Oracle Technology Network (OTN) - FMW downloads
- Oracle Software Delivery Cloud ( OSDC)
- My Oracle Support (MOS) - Patches - 126.96.36.199 for Portal, Forms, Reports, Discoverer patch 16471668
Find more announcement details in Note 1535341.1. It is strongly recommended to move forward to the latest patchset to benefit from latest feature set and product defect fixing.