- Oracle Application Express 5.0.4 was released on July 12, 2016
- Oracle REST Data Services 3.0.6 released on July 6
- Oracle Forms - Learn More
- Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) 8.12 and Diagnostic Assistant (DA) 2.11 now available!
- Oracle Forms 188.8.131.52 Released June 21, 2016
- SQL Developer Overview
- What's New for Oracle Database Cloud - Database as a Service
- ORDS 3.0.5 is now available
- Learn more about Application Express
- How to generate random JobIDs in Oracle Reports
Wednesday Jul 13, 2016
Thursday Jul 07, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Jul 07, 2016
Wednesday Jul 06, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Jul 06, 2016
Oracle Forms has been one of the most widely used back-office application development technology for more than thirty years.
This proven technology has evolved over the years and still remains the technology of choice for thousands of developers worldwide.
Want to find out more about Oracle Forms? Explore all these links:
For a more hands-on approach, check the Presentations and Tutorials section
- Oracle Forms 11g External Events (Chat demo)
- Oracle Forms 11g Calling a Web Service (SMS demo)
- Oracle Forms 11g Using Enterprise Manager for Administration
- Oracle Forms 11g Creating and Managing Menu Modules
- Oracle Forms 10gR1 Creating a Master/Detail Form
- Grant Ronald and Gregor Rayman discuss the value of Oracle Forms 11g running on WebLogic Server
- Virtualize and Run Your Forms Applications in the Cloud
- Modernize Oracle Forms
- Executive Summary
- Migrate Forms
- The Hows and Whys
- Integrating Forms with SOA
- Calling a Web Service
- Customer Testimonials
- Mobilizing Oracle Forms
Wednesday Jun 29, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Jun 29, 2016
Enhancements and installation instructions for RDA 8.12 can be found in RDA Release Notes (Doc ID 414970.1).
You can download RDA from Knowledge Article 314422.1,
the Main RDA page. Select the RDA zip file for your platform by
clicking on the related link. Each zip file contains all the files you
need, so only choose one to download.
This release of RDA is also bundled with the new Diagnostic Assistant (DA) 2.11 tool. DA is a
command line interface framework designed to simplify and standardize
the end user’s experience with various diagnostic tools. It provides a
common, lightweight, extensible interface to multiple diagnostic
collection tools (ADR, RDA, OCM, Explorer and others).
Refer to Diagnostic Assistant (Doc ID 201804.2) for more detailed information about DA 2.11 new release and functionalities.
For more information:
Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) – FAQ (Doc ID 330363.1)
Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) – Getting Started (Doc ID 314422.1)
Resolve Problems Faster! Use Remote Diagnostic Agent ( RDA ) – Fusion Middleware and WebLogic Server (Doc ID 1498376.1)
Wednesday Jun 22, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Jun 22, 2016
Friday Jun 10, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Jun 10, 2016
- Data Pump
- Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Oracle Auditing
- User and Role management
- Storage management, including the ability to add space to your tablespaces
- Resource Manager
- Diagnostic Pack features:Snapshots, Baselines, ADDM, ASH, AWR
- Logical, relational, physical, dimensional modeling
- Data Flow Diagrams
- DDL scripting
- Importing from data dictionaries, DDL scripts, Oracle Designer Repositories, and ERwin
- a Reporting Repository
- Versioning of your designs via Subversion
- Comparing models with generation of ALTER scripts
- a powerful search and reporting utility
- Create Connections
- Browse Objects
- Create Objects
- Modify Objects
- Query and Update Data
- Export Data and DDL and Import Data
- Schema Copy and Compare
- Process Commands
- Edit PL/SQL
- Run and Debug PL/SQL
- Run and Create Reports
- PL/SQL Unit Testing
- Data Modeler Viewer
- Migrate from Third Party Databases
- Version Files
- Review the Robust IDE
- Getting Started
- What is Oracle SQL Developer?
- Online Demonstrations
- Tutorials and Oracle By Examples
- White Papers and Supporting Documents
- SQL Developer Feature List
- SQL Developer Certifications
- SQL Developer Architecture
- Pricing, Support & Licensing Questions
- SQL Developer Release History
- Statement of Direction
- SQL*Plus Commands
For additional information, consult the official pages:
Tuesday May 31, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on May 31, 2016
Keep up with the latest features released for Database as a Service by consulting the official page for 'What's New in Database as a Service'
This document describes what's new in Oracle Database Cloud - Database as a Service. It's organized by the date a specific feature or capability became available.
How you gain access to a new feature depends on which part of Database as a Service the feature is added to:
- Feature added to the Oracle Database Cloud Service console
When a new feature is added to the web-based Oracle Database Cloud Service console, you gain immediate access to the feature. The feature is available to existing service instances and those created after the availability date. You don't need to perform or request an upgrade to be able to use the new feature.
- Feature added to the cloud tooling available locally on service instances
When a new feature is added to the cloud tooling available locally on service instances, you do need to update the cloud tooling on existing service instances to take advantage of the new feature. For information about updating this tooling, see Updating the Cloud Tooling on a Database as a Service Instance in Using Oracle Database Cloud - Database as a Service.
- Feature added to base image used to create service instances
Some features are available only in service instances you create after the feature becomes available. For those features the base image that first contained the feature is noted in the item listing in this document. To find out the base image version for a service instance, see Finding Out the Base Image Version of a Database as a Service Instance at the end of this document.
For the current month - May 2016 - these features were added:
- Oracle Data Guard available
- Backup and recovery available through the console
- Updated version of Oracle REST Data Services
- Oracle GlassFish Server removed
Monday May 16, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on May 16, 2016
- The default self signed certificate is valid for 365 days and will be regenerated if expired the next time ORDS is started.
- If using an existing certificate, a DER encoded private key is required.
- It is recommended to use Java 8 in order for Jetty to use the most recent cipher suites to establish secure connections.
Thursday May 12, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on May 12, 2016
If you have the Oracle Database, you already have Application Express.
Since 2004, Application Express has been a fully supported and no-cost feature of the Oracle Database.
- Application Express 5 Overview
- Application Express 5 New Features
- Application Express 5 Mobile
- Application Express 5 Architecture & Administration
- Application Express in Oracle Database 12c Multitenant Architecture
- Responsive Web Design in Application Express using HTML5 and CSS3
- Implementing RESTful Web Services with Oracle Application Express
- Practical Uses for Web Services in Application Express
- Using Oracle Application Express to Build Highly Accessible Web Applications
- Extending Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 using Oracle Application Express
Thursday Apr 21, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Apr 21, 2016
Starting with the 12.1.3 Oracle HTTP Server (OHS), the mod_plsql feature has been deprecated.
Monday Mar 21, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Mar 21, 2016
Did you know?
Oracle Application Express can be used in the Cloud.
The Oracle Database Cloud Service is available in several different offerings. Database Schema Service (the schema-based APEX service) offering provides HTTPS access to the Oracle Database and is targeted at developers. Database as a Service and Virtual Image (the dedicated database instance service) are well suited for customers needing a full database or SQL*Net connectivity.
The following figure illustrates the architectural differences between these offerings:
Monday Mar 07, 2016
Tuesday Mar 01, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Mar 01, 2016
A new features overview for Oracle Forms 12c has recently been released.
In this new white paper, detailed information can be found on several important topics:
Forms Runtime and Integration Features
- Oracle BI-Publisher Integration
- System Events
- Audio Playback
- Single Sign-out
- Client Deployment
- Custom Text on Logon and Password Change Dialogs
- Tab Labels with Images
- Record Counter
- Item Level Mouse Cursor (Pointer)
- Setting Max Event Wait Programmatically
- Client IP Address
- Form Query-Only Mode
- Oracle Diagnostic Logging and Forms MESSAGE Built-in
- JVM Controller
- Custom Color Schemes
- New Applet Parameters
- New Environment Variables
Forms Design Time and Utility Features
- Builder Preferences
- Module Converter
- Product Documentation and Community
- Java Developer API (JDAPI)
- WebUtil without OLE
Read more about each feature in Oracle Forms 12c New Features White Paper.
Tuesday Jan 12, 2016
By Markus -Oracle on Jan 12, 2016
Quite right in sync with the year change, we have a bunch of product updates.
New releases are in place
Find all details - new features, fix list, downloads - on the related product sites following the links above.
Tuesday Jan 05, 2016
By Alexandra Vornicu-Oracle on Jan 05, 2016
In Fusion Middleware 12c, Oracle Forms product introduces a new installation option named 'Forms Builder Only'.
This option offers the ability to install only the Forms Builder and its associated utilities. No runtime or related components will be installed.
This lighter weight installation option will be helpful when a runtime environment is not needed.
All the steps needed to configure Forms Builder Standalone 12c are presented in
Apart from the 'Form Builder Only', Forms Builder can installed as part of 'Forms and Reports Deployment' option as shown below.
Read more about Oracle Forms and Reports 12c version in:
Oracle Forms and Reports 12c (12.2.1) Download and Readme
Oracle Forms and Reports 12c (12.2.1) - Overview
Oracle® Fusion Middleware Publishing Reports to the Web with Oracle Reports Services
Oracle® Fusion Middleware Oracle Reports User's Guide to Building Reports
Oracle® Fusion Middleware System Requirements and Specifications12c (12.2.1)