- Top 5 Solution Documents for Oracle Forms/Reports and APEX - Feb 2014
- New My Oracle Support Community (MOSC) Platform
- Oracle Application Express (APEX) 5.0 Early Adopter 1
- IMPORTANT: My Oracle Support Community and OTN Profiles Merge January 31, 2014
- Oracle Forms - A Closer Look at the JRE Security Warning(s) Related to JAR Signing and Manifests
- Oracle Critical Patch Update January 2014 - Availability and Relevance
- Just Released - Fusion Middleware Forms & Reports 11gR2 Patchset 2 (18.104.22.168.0)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Support News : December 2013
- Available Now! SQL Developer Release 4.0 - Production
- SQL Developer Data Modeler 4.0 (full release)
Friday Feb 21, 2014
Friday Feb 07, 2014
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Feb 07, 2014
The My Oracle Support Community (MOSC) recently migrated to a new platform with a completely new look and feel and navigation.
There is a series of 5 short videos to help learn the basic features and get you started. Please see My Oracle Support Community - New Platform Overview to start out with the first video. Once done with that video, click on the [ Watch the Next in this series ] at the bottom left and it will automatically take you to the next video in the series. Each video page has the [ Watch the Next in this series ] link to advance to the next video.[Read More]
Thursday Feb 06, 2014
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Feb 06, 2014
Oracle Application Express 5.0 Early Adopter 1 is available now :
Major Enhancements include :
- A new "Page Designer": a completely new IDE designed to
greatly improve developer's productivity, allowing you to very quickly
enhance and maintain pages within Application Express.
Wednesday Jan 29, 2014
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Jan 29, 2014
On January 31, 2014, we plan to migrate the My Oracle Support Community (MOSC) to the same platform used for the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) forums.[Read More]
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Jan 29, 2014
Wednesday Jan 22, 2014
By mkh on Jan 22, 2014
Oracle constantly reviews its products to harden against security threatening. Regularly an "Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory" is published to inform about new patches and other actions to take. Oracle users are highly recommended to carefully review and to consider these advices.
With the January 2014 advisory, Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports for releases 11gR1 and 11gR2 are not effected by a new patch directly. Nevertheless, there are two items to take into account:
- Corresponding Oracle Fusion Middleware components like database client, JDK, HTTP Server, ... may need patching. Find the details in Master Note on Fusion Middleware Proactive Patching - Patch Set Updates (PSUs) and Bundle Patches (BPs) Doc ID 1494151.1)
- The January 2014 Risk Matrices - Oracle Fusion Middleware lists one item for Oracle Reports: CVE-2013-5785 dedicated to versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52 and gives best practices how to use the existing feature "Enable File System Access Control". Check out "Enable File System Access Control" - Fine Grained File System Access Control for the Reports Server Doc ID 1608683.1 for more details.
Keep updated on latest security announcements from Critical Patch Updates, Security Alerts and Third Party Bulletin and activate the Security Alert Tickler (RSS Feed)!
Tuesday Jan 07, 2014
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Jan 07, 2014
This release can be applied as a patch on top of 11.1.2.x installation or as a new installation. Be sure to review the product Certification Guide for the latest updates on certified configurations and the latest updates to the Documentation Library.
You can download it from :
Tuesday Dec 17, 2013
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Dec 17, 2013
Monday Dec 16, 2013
Monday Dec 09, 2013
By mkh on Dec 09, 2013
Wednesday Oct 16, 2013
By supatel on Oct 16, 2013
Thursday Oct 10, 2013
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Oct 10, 2013
Oracle Day provides an opportunity for our customers to get a one-day, high-level overview of everything Oracle offers across the complete stack. It communicates Oracle’s high-level value proposition of driving innovation through simplified IT. It’s also a good opportunity for those who were unable to attend Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2013 to hear about the latest Oracle announcements firsthand.
Check out the schedule, then register here.
Wednesday Oct 02, 2013
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Oct 02, 2013
The newly updated Fusion Middleware Lifetime Support Policy Document is now available. This is Oracle's official way of communicating product end-of-life plans.
Major changes include:
- 11g & 10gR3 'suite' date changes
- New entries and updates for BI & EPM
- Extended Fusion Middleware 11g Lifetime Support Policy Dates (Doc ID 1585582.1) explains the rationale for the extended 'suite' support timelines
as well as the extended error correction support for 11gR1 PS6
- 12c related Lifetime Support Policy changes were excluded during this round of updates. The 12c additions will be added when the roadmap is finalized.
Friday Sep 27, 2013
By Bulent Seckin-Oracle on Sep 27, 2013
Article by Falilou Waidi, Principal Support Engineer, Oracle Corporation, France
Oracle Forms Services applications can be executed in a Single Sign-on environment using Oracle Access Manager 11g (OAM) and Oracle Internet Directory (OID) to eliminate the need for additional or different logins to access many applications during the same user session.
Oracle Forms Services applications in Oracle FMW 11g Release 2 can be protected by one of the following authentication servers:
- Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g
- Oracle Single Sign-On Server (OSSO) 10g