For Oracle Data Integrator there are two troubleshooting tools available, RDA (Remote Diagnostics Agent like for most other Oracle products) and RCC (Repository Consistency Checker). So which do I use and when?
- RDA can be used to help diagnose issues in an ODI 11g environment and with other integrated products (e.g. Oracle database, WebCenter components and integration points).
- RDA cannot help to verify the consistency of a repository.
- RDA is not intrusive and can (and should) be used in development and production environments.
- RCC must be used prior to ODI upgrades to verify if repository is consistent.
- RCC should NOT be used on a production environment, only on a cloned environment.
See following notes for more information:
How To Run RDA for Oracle Data Integrator 11g (Note 1457914.1
Using OCM (Oracle Configuration Manager) and RDA (Remote Diagnostic Agent) For Troubleshooting ODI (Note 1398483.1
How To Use The Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) - Repository Consistency Checker (RCC) Tool (Note 1058107.1
How To Analyze The Damaged Text Entries Detected By The ODI Repository Consistency Checker (RCC) Utility (Note 1061732.1