Configuring ScribeFire for Movable Type
By Pranav Prakash-Oracle on Dec 14, 2008
ScribeFire Blog Editor is an excellent add-on of Firefox for drafting blog posts right inside your browser. ScribeFire Blog Editor enables users to easily drag and drop formatted text from the web into their blog(s), post entries, take notes, and optimize their ad inventory directly through the Firefox browser. In this post, I will tell you how to configure it for Movable Type.
- Install ScribeFire from Firefox Add-ons website. Click here to go there.
- After installation, start it by clicking it's icon in lower-right corner of your browser.
- Click on Add button to add your blog.
- Enter your blog's url. Click Next
- Change the blog type from MetaWeblog API to Movable Type and API URL to http://blogs.oracle.com/mte1521/mt-xmlrpc.cgi. Select the Advanced Settings check box. Enter the API Key. Click Next.
- In Login Details, put your username without oracle.com (e.g. pranav.prakash in my case). In password field, again put the API key. Click Next.
- You can see your blogs in this screen. Click Next to go to next screen.
- Click Finish to add blogs.
Note- Your API key is same as Web Services Password which you can find on your User Profile page.