Adding content to portal page : The easy way
By Prakash Reddy KLV on Feb 12, 2009
In my previous blog post I gave an overall view of Content Management System in WebSpace.
In this post, I am going to show you how easy it is to add content to a page in WebSpace using the Web Content Display portlet.
Here are the steps to add content to a page using the Web Content Display portlet :
1. Login to WebSpace as Admin User.
2. Go to the page where you want to add content.
3. Click Add Applications from the welcome menu.
4. Drag & drop the Web Content Display portlet to the part of the page where you want to display the content. The portlet will display a message "Select existing web content or add some web content to be displayed in this portlet"(See screenshot 1)
5. Click "Add web content" icon present on the bottom-left of the portlet. This will open up the page where you can design your content using a WYSIWYG(What You See Is What You Get) editor. (See screenshot 2)
6. Enter a name for the content and use the WYSIWYG editor to add and format your content. I will create a Car review article.
7. Once you are satisfied with the content and its format, click on "Save and Approve".
8. Now you can see that your content appears on the page within the portlet. (See screenshot 3)
You can remove the portlet borders by :
- Selecting Configuration-->Look and Feel
- Uncheck the box next to Show Borders and click on save.
- Refresh the page.
9. See Screenshot 4 to see how the content looks once the portlet border has been removed.
10. Thats it. You have just added new content to the page which will be available for others to see.
By repeating step 3-step 8, you can add multiple contents to a page by adding multiple instances of the Web Content Display porlet. In this way, you can build the whole page just by using the Web Content Display portlet.
In my next article, I will deep dive into structures, templates, articles and demonstrate how they can all be combined to generate web content for the portal.