Java CAPS 6 is now available
By prakash on Jun 09, 2008
As some of you may have already noticed... Sun announced today immediate availability of Java CAPS (Java Compostie Application Platform Suite) and MDM Suite.
Here is the link to the press release.
CAPS 6 has lot of major enhancements...
Just to name a few..
- GlassFish V2 Application server based runtime
- NetBeans 6.1 based design time
- Project Metro based interoperability. By leveraging project Metro (formerly WSIT) brings the WS interoeprability to SOA level. Now, developers and customers can develop, orchestrate and deploy webservices that incorporate lot of the WS-\* specifications and not only interoperable with other Java based webservices but also Microsoft .net based webservices.
- CAPS 6 is the way to get product support for most popular open source ESB - Open ESB.
- Some of the components from Open ESB are part of the CAPS 6 release (BPEL SE, ETL SE, Java EE SE and Http BC). The big advantage with CAPS 6 is, many of the components that are available on Open ESB project are pluggable to the platform. Developers and customers are welcome to leverage this opportunity and get quick access to lot of these components being developed in the open source.