By Anusha Ganeshan on Mar 01, 2013
This blogs walks through the configurations required in Web Center Content and BPM to invoke a process deployed on the SOA server from the content server workflows. This is a common use case where a BPM or BPEL process has to be invoked from UCM based on an event like document check in.
- Prepare the UCM environment for integration with SOA.
This step is only required when the UCM and SOA domains were created separately and the UCM domain is not extended for SOA.
a. Copy the “soa” folder from SOA_ORACLE_HOME to UCM_ORACLE_HOME
For example: Copy D:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_SOA1\soa to D:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_UCM1\soa
the class path in setDomainEnv on the UCM server
Edit setDomainEnv.cmd in %DOMAIN_HOME%\bin
Add : set POST_CLASSPATH=%ORACLE_HOME%\soa\modules\oracle.soa.mgmt_11.1.1\soa-infra-mgmt.jar;%POST_CLASSPATH%
Edit SetDomainEnv.sh in $DOMAIN_HOME/bin
c. Enable Cross Domain Security
Perform the following steps in both UCM and SOA console
1. Login to the Weblogic server console (http://localhost:7001/console/)
2. Select the domain name under Domain Structure. Navigate to the Security Tab
3. Check “Cross Domain Security Enabled”
4. Enter the same credential for both UCM and SOA
d. Restart the servers
2. Enable UCM-BPEL Integration Component
a. Login to content server, navigate to the Admin Server
b. Select component manager for the server on which the component needs to be installed
c. Click on “Advanced Component Manager” and enable the BPELIntegrationComponent
d. Login to the Weblogic Administration console of UCM. Navigate to servers, select the UCM server and click Restart SSL.
3. Configure connection to SOA server
a. Navigate to Administration -> Oracle BPEL Administration -> Connection Configuration
b. From the “Connection Menu” select Add connection
Enter the following credentials
Note: The Provider URL contains the SOA server’s hostname and port. You can test this be running the wlst script in the SOA server and connect to t3://servername:[port]
c. Test the connection. If successful you should see the following screen. Revisit steps 1 – 3 if there is an error.
4. Process Configuration
a. Navigate to Administration -> Oracle BPEL Administration -> Process Configuration
b. From the process menu select “Add Process”
c. Select the BPM/BPEL process from the drop down
d. Click Save
e. Go to Actions “Upload Payload”
Map the process input fields to the Metadata fields in UCM
5. Update the SOA composite to enable UCM integration
a. Add the following line to Composite.xml in the SOA/BPM project as shown
<binding.adf serviceName="YourUniqueServiceName" registryName=""/>
6. Configure Workflow in UCM
a. Login to content server
b. Navigate to Administration -> Admin Applets
c. Launch the Workflow Admin Applet
d. Add a new Workflow criteria
e. Click on edit criteria workflow. The following screen is where the event trigger condition is set. In this case the workflow will be triggered for Document Type that matches “Document”
f. Edit initiateprocessg. Add the users that have access to the workflow and document check in for which the workflow is triggered
h. Add the following lines under Exit conditions
i. On Events tab click Edit for Entry. Add the line <$wfReleaseDocument()$> before <$endif$> to automatically approve the document. If you do not add this step the document state will be “Pending” and the user has to manually go to Content Management -> Active Workflows -> My Workflow Assignments to approve the document.
<$if not conversationId$>
7. Login as sysadmin ( the user from step 6)
Check in a document of Type Document trigger condition in step 6) and verify if
the BPM/BPEL process is instantiated.
- Cross domain security – If the cross domain security is configured incorrectly you will see the following error:
vax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: java.lang.SecurityException: [Security:090398]Invalid Subject: principals=[weblogic, Administrators]
- Enabling UCM System Audit to trace BPEL Integration related errors
Navigate to Administration->System Audit Information and add the BPEL integration component under “Tracing Sections Information”. Update and click “View Server Output” to view the detailed logs.
3. Complex Types as BPEL/BPM process input. With the current release of Webcenter Content (184.108.40.206) UCM does not process the complex type as the process input and the “Update Payload” action will give and error. The work around is to use a simple type as input.