X

Repository Creation Utility, MDS and Schema Versions

Mark Piller
Senior Principal Consultant

Introduction

I recently went through the installation of WebLogic 10.3.6 using the Package Installer "Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.6) + Coherence + OEPE - Package Installer" (oepe-wls-indigo-installer-11.1.1.8.0.201110211138-10.3.6-win32.exe) from Oracle Technology Network. I was doing a full installation of everything in that package and in the process of creating my domain.

During the domain creation one of the dialog boxes was Configure JDBC Component Schema. The installation failed with error message CFGFWK-60853:  A connection was established to the database but no rows were returned from the test SQL statement.

Test JDBC Component Schema

The configuration process is to supply the necessary parameters in the Configure JDBC Component Schema (seen below) and click next.

The next dialog box allows you to test your configuration before moving on to the next step. This is when I had received an error. I was using some schemas that I had created in a previous installation.

The connection was valid but the test SQL still failed. Below is what the message was in the log file.

Component Schema=OWSM MDS Schema
Driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/XE
User=XE_MDS
Password=********
SQL Test=select 1 from schema_version_registry where

owner=(select user from

dual) and mr_type='MDS' and

version='11.1.1.6.0'
CFGFWK-60850: Test Failed!
CFGFWK-60853: A connection was established to the database but no rows were
returned from the test SQL statement.

Error Resolution

The clue in determining the error was in the select statement (seen above) that is targeting version 11.1.1.6.0. In my prior installation of WebCenter I installed BPM 11.1.1.7.0 and that had installed several schemas that had a version number 11.1.1.7.0. I was able to discover this matter using SQL against the schemas. The SQL is:

select * from schema_version_registry

My findings from the query were:

Since the versions were incompatible I decided to drop the existing repository schemas and then recreate them in the Repository Creation Utility. That solved my problem.

Downloading the Repository Creation Utility (RCU)

I ran into one more difficulty. My RCU was for 11.1.1.7.0 but I needed an RCU for 11.1.1.6.0. If found that the 11.1.1.6.0 version is more difficult to find these days. It was not available in the WebLogic or Fusion Middleware downloads and I did not find it in eDelivery. I was finally able to find it in Oracle Business Intelligence (11.1.1.x) Downloads page in OTN. So, if you are still working in 11.1.1.6.0 you need to use the correct RCU.

Be the first to comment

Comments ( 0 )
Please enter your name.Please provide a valid email address.Please enter a comment.CAPTCHA challenge response provided was incorrect. Please try again.