By Mark Piller-Oracle on Jan 13, 2015
I recently went through the installation of WebLogic 10.3.6 using the Package Installer "Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.6) + Coherence + OEPE - Package Installer" (oepe-wls-indigo-installer-220.127.116.11.0.201110211138-10.3.6-win32.exe) from Oracle Technology Network. I was doing a full installation of everything in that package and in the process of creating my domain.
During the domain creation one of the dialog boxes was Configure JDBC Component Schema. The installation failed with error message CFGFWK-60853: A connection was established to the database but no rows were returned from the test SQL statement.
Test JDBC Component Schema
The configuration process is to supply the necessary parameters in the Configure JDBC Component Schema (seen below) and click next.
The next dialog box allows you to test your configuration before moving on to the next step. This is when I had received an error. I was using some schemas that I had created in a previous installation.
The connection was valid but the test SQL still failed. Below is what the message was in the log file.
Component Schema=OWSM MDS Schema Driver=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/XE User=XE_MDS Password=******** SQL Test=select 1 from schema_version_registry where owner=(select user from dual) and mr_type='MDS' and version='18.104.22.168.0' CFGFWK-60850: Test Failed! CFGFWK-60853: A connection was established to the database but no rows were returned from the test SQL statement.
The clue in determining the error was in the select statement (seen above) that is targeting version 22.214.171.124.0. In my prior installation of WebCenter I installed BPM 126.96.36.199.0 and that had installed several schemas that had a version number 188.8.131.52.0. I was able to discover this matter using SQL against the schemas. The SQL is:
select * from schema_version_registry
My findings from the query were:
Since the versions were incompatible I decided to drop the existing repository schemas and then recreate them in the Repository Creation Utility. That solved my problem.
Downloading the Repository Creation Utility (RCU)
I ran into one more difficulty. My RCU was for 184.108.40.206.0 but I needed an RCU for 220.127.116.11.0. If found that the 18.104.22.168.0 version is more difficult to find these days. It was not available in the WebLogic or Fusion Middleware downloads and I did not find it in eDelivery. I was finally able to find it in Oracle Business Intelligence (11.1.1.x) Downloads page in OTN. So, if you are still working in 22.214.171.124.0 you need to use the correct RCU.