Wednesday Feb 18, 2009
Sunday Aug 17, 2008
By trajesh on Aug 17, 2008
The OpenPortal WSRP Project consumer is now integrated into Liferay Portal. The next stable release of Liferay Portal is expected to have both the OpenPortal WSRP producer and consumer integrated in it.
Checkout the following posts for detailed information on this integration.
Stay tuned on the OpenPortal WSRP Project mailing list for more information w.r.t to this integration.
Wednesday Apr 02, 2008
By trajesh on Apr 02, 2008
Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP) specification version 2.0 has been approved as an OASIS standard. Here are the links to the approved specification.
- HTML: http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/v2/wsrp-2.0-spec-cs-02.html
- PDF: http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/v2/wsrp-2.0-spec-cs-02.pdf
- XML Schema: http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/v2/wsrp-2.0-types.xsd
- Interfaces: http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/v2/wsrp-2.0-interfaces.wsdl
- Bindings: http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/v2/wsrp-2.0-bindings.wsdl
Monday Mar 10, 2008
By trajesh on Mar 10, 2008
The OpenPortal WSRP Project v2 milestone 3 is now available for download. The OpenPortal WSRP Project version 2.0 is now feature complete and will be OASIS WSRP specification compliant whenever the OASIS WSRP specification would be approved.
The OpenPortal WSRP v2 milestone 3 previews the following features, some
defined in OASIS WSRP version 2.0 specification.
- WSRP 2.0 getResource
- WSRP 2.0 Caching
- Markup Caching
- Expiration Markup Caching
- Validation Markup Caching
- Resource Caching
- Expiration Resource Caching
- Validation Resource Caching
- Tomcat 5.5 support
- Migrated code to the latest WSRP 2.0 schema
You can download the OpenPortal WSRP version 2.0 milestone 3 from
This is the last major milestone build from the OpenPortal WSRP
Project, the future milestones are expected not to add any major new
features to the WSRP version 2.0 implementation rather provide
pluggable extensions mechanisms to consuming portals to implement some
of the WSRP version 2.0 features such as Portlet Management, CC/PP etc.
Here are some of the documents that are related to this milestone
new in milestone 3
- WSRP installation on Glassfish
- Milestone 3 preview document
- WSRP installation on Tomcat
- WSRP User Guide
Stay tuned on the future
milestones of the OpenPortal WSRP version 2.0 project. If you would
like to keep track of future announcements and
to the OpenPortal WSRP Project, please subscribe to the email@example.com
If you have questions on how to use the OpenPortal WSRP Project and other comments/suggestions/requests, we urge you to join the firstname.lastname@example.org alias.
Please report any issues that you encounter while trying OpenPortal WSRP version 2.0 milestone 3 to email@example.com.
Thursday Feb 07, 2008
Thursday Dec 27, 2007
By trajesh on Dec 27, 2007
The WSRP version 2.0 milestone 1 release is the first release from the OpenPortal WSRP Project that implements the OASIS WSRP version 2.0 specification. The main intent of this release is to provide a base platform for developers to build optional and additional features that are defined in the WSRP version 2.0 specification and demonstrate to WSRP users the basic usecases of using both the versions.
Technically since all the major features of the WSRP version 2.0 specification are defined optional, we already have a WSRP version 2.0 implementation, by just porting the version 1.0 implementation to 2.0 schema's and claim version 2.0 compliance. However to have a meaningful version 2.0 implementation, the optional features are required to be implemented. The OpenPortal WSRP Project addresses/implements these optional features in the subsequent milestone. Please check the WSRP version 2.0 Project page for more details.
So what exactly is there in this release ?
- Provides a base v2 implementation by porting v1 implementation to v2 schema's.
- Provides both version 2.0 and version 1.0 WSRP Producer implementation.
- Supports sharing of resources like registration-handle/portlet-handle across v1 and v2 WSRP Producer services.
- Provides both version 1.0 and 2.0 implementation of Consumer.
- Provides the necessary administrative interface to create a v1 or v2 Consumer.
- Supports backward compatibility by supporting both v1 and v2 stacks.
Note : The code base uses OASIS WSRP public review 04 schema to demonstrate the above
Stay tuned for future announcements on optional feature implementation, Please subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday Nov 01, 2007
By trajesh on Nov 01, 2007
The OASIS Web Services for Remote Portlets TC has recently approved Web Services for Remote Portlets Specification v2.0 as a Committee Draft and is available for public review. The public review starts from 31 October 2007, and ends 15 November 2007.
This specification was previously submitted for a 60-day public review on 24 July 2007, this 15-day review is limited in scope to changes made from the previous review. All changes are highlighted.
The specification document and related files are available here.
Highlighted PDF copy is available here:
The schema and wsdl files are available at:
Tuesday Jul 24, 2007
By trajesh on Jul 24, 2007
The OASIS Web Services for Remote Portlets TC has recently approved Web Services for Remote Portlets Specification v2.0 as a Committee Draft and is available for public review. The public review starts from 24 July 2007, and ends 22 September 2007.The specification document and related files are available here.
Schema/WSDL files are available here:
- Simplify Your Portal Deployment: Web Space Server 10 VM Template
- Deep Dive: Sun GlassFish WebSpace Server
- Web Space Server 10.0 Downloads
- WSRP 2.0 FCS binary
- Content Management System in Glassfish Web Space Server 10.0
- Web Space Server Launch Links
- Web Space Server - Localization
- Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0: Now Available!
- Relocating WebSynergy Installations
- How to do I18n and L10n in WebSynergy
- Ajit Sabnis
- Atul Batra
- Dean Polla
- Deepak Gothe
- Greg Ziebold
- Hemadri Duraiswami
- Jeff Blattman
- Jim Faut
- Karthik Sudarshan
- Manish K Gupta
- Marina Sum
- Navaneeth Krishnan
- Paul Bohnenkamp
- Paul Hinz
- Portal Performance
- Prashant Dighe
- Rajesh Thiagarajan
- Rajiv Chamraj
- Ram Venkatraman
- SOA Solar System
- Sandeep Soni
- Satya Ranjan
- Sun.com Design Blog
- Tom Mueller
- Unnikrishnan Valsalan
- Vihang Pathak
- Wesley Budziwojski