Creating communities in Project WebSynergy
By Ganesh Ram on May 11, 2008
This blog describes the steps to create a community in Project WebSynergy.
- Login as firstname.lastname@example.org/admin into Project WebSynergy
Move your mouse over the "Welcome Admin User" message and click on Add Application
- In the Add Application window that shows up, select the Communities under Community Section. You can also type "communities" in the search content text box. Click on "Add" or drag and drop the portlet into one of your tabs. The communitiy portlet is now added to your tab.
- Click on Add Community button.
- Enter name (say Synergy) and click on Save. The community is created with the name that you specified.
Click on "Available Communities" sub-tab.
- For the community that you just created, click on the "Actions" button
and select "Manage Pages".
Enter name for the community page (say MySynergyPage ) and click on "Add Page".
- Click on View Pages.
To this community page, you can add the any portlets. For eg.
Blogs Aggregator Portlet
Message Boards Portlet
- All these portlets are available under the Colloboration section in Add Application window