White paper updated: Running Oracle Real Application Clusters on Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.0
By Roman Ivanov on Nov 15, 2010
"Running Oracle Real Application Clusters on Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.0" white paper was updated to reflect all the Changes and Improvements of Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.0.
Some key points from white paper:
- UltraSPARC T2, T2Plus and SPARC T3 processors only supported. T1 is not.
- Oracle Solaris 10 09/10 (Update 9) or later is required.
- Running Oracle RAC on Oracle VM Server for SPARC requires the use of Oracle 10g R2 (Oracle 10.2.0.4) or later with the same patch set on all nodes.
- Link-based IPMP enables you to build IPMP group of private (and/or public) network interfaces within guest domains. No need to have host based routing anymore!
- With Memory Dynamic Reconfiguration you may add more memory to guest domain while database instances are running. When going down, don't go below SGA+PGA or you may end up with swapping.
- How to setup Jumbo Frames example given.
- Pay attention to Availability white papers mentioned in the Reference section.
The authors would like to thank Daniel Dibbets, Sridhar Kn, Rahim
Mau, Wataru Miyoshi, Khader Mohiuddin, Ezhilan Narasimhan, Gia-Khanh Nguyen and Uday Shetty.