By pmonday on Apr 26, 2007
Here is take 2 on instructions. I moved off my SPARC Ultra 20 at work and I'm on my Gateway Solaris 10 Update 3 system. Btw, no, I never got the wireless working...instead, I put a hub in next to my Tivo and Wii and after the kids go to bed I run a not so elegant ethernet cable across my living room...but that's besides the point.
Unpack and add CoolStack
- bunzip2 CSKamp_x86.pkg.bz2
- pkgadd -d CSKamp_x86.pkg
Patch up PHP5
- Edit the php.ini file (vi /opt/coolstack/php5/lib/php.ini)
- Comment out the extensions = "apc.so" line (according to the BigAdmin tip)
- Add the line "safe_mode=off" to the end of the file
Patch up Apache
- Edit the httpd.conf file (vi /opt/coolstack/apache2/conf/httpd.conf)
- Change the "DirectoryIndex index.html" line to "DirectoryIndex index.php index.html" (This will allow index.php files to be a "home" page in a directory)
Patch up MySQL, I'm following the outline from the article SAMP (Solaris, Apache 2, MySQL 5, and PHP 5) Setup for Solaris 10 OS and Solaris Express, some of the work in the article is done by the pkgadd. I still don't quite have this perfect and had to hack around a bit:
- cd /opt/coolstack/mysql_32bit/bin
- run mysql_install_db
- cd ..
- chown -R mysql:mysql \* (this is what I'm not sure about, but I had to do it to make it work)
- ./bin/mysqld_safe & (now your DB is running)
- /opt/coolstack/mysql_32bit/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new-password'
- /opt/coolstack/mysql_32bit/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h myhostname password 'new-password'
- ./bin/mysql -p (enter your new password at the prompt)
- Prepare for MediaWiki using the Installation Guide
-- create database wikidb;
-- grant create, select, insert, update, delete, lock tables on wikidb.\* to 'wikiuser'@'localhost' identified by 'new-password';
-- flush privileges;
-- \\q (quit)
- gunzip mediawiki-1.9.3.tar.gz
- tar -xvf mediawiki-1.9.3.tar
- mkdir /opt/coolstack/apache2/htdocs/wiki
- cp -R mediawiki-1.9.3/\* /opt/coolstack/apache2/htdocs/wiki
- cd /opt/coolstack/apache2/htdocs/wiki
- chmod 777 config
- chmod 777 config/\*
- cd /opt/coolstack/apache2/bin
- apachectl start
- Go to http://localhost/wiki
- Read CAREFULLY and fill everything out
- Hit Install...
- Move the LocalSettings.php from config to the wiki directory
Go back to http://localhost/wiki and enjoy your wiki!
That should be about it, much better than my first post on it!