Groovy and Grails in NetBeans 7.0 M1
By Petr Hejl on Dec 19, 2008
Long time has passed since my last post about Groovy support. In meantime I was intensively fixing and improving the support. I fixed various bugs and enhancements and Groovy support is getting better everyday. Short list:
- Grails installed from debian package now supported
- Grails plugin support works behind proxy
- Wizards properly report failed Grails operation
- Code completion for
- Find action fixed for GSP files
- Navigation for Domain/Controller/View improved
- Clean supported from contextual menu
- Run for the script is available from contextual menu
- Proof of concept implementation of code completion for controller dynamic methods
These are just notable fixes many other small issues were resolved. If you were not using daily builds you also get all the features mentioned in my previous post.
There are more features planned for M2. We are rewriting the Groovy support to brand new Parsing API. This should bring us significant performance improvements. We also want to enhance support of code completion for dynamic methods in domain classes.
Features already pushed to trunk which unfortunately didn't make it to M1 (and thus are present in daily build only) are per project configuration of JDK for Grails and option to disable browser opening on run.