Community Equity Widgets explained
By me on Feb 16, 2009
How do we visualize Community Equity ?
This blog post explains the various widgets we have implemented as part of our SunSpace project.
Feedback is highly appreciated !
This are set of widgets which are personalized for a specific user
My Community Equity
Use Case: Show the overall Contribution and Participation Equity across all communities of a user
Objective: Motivate a user to improve her/his overall ranking
- Data Privacy laws (in our implementation only the user can see this widget)
- Show % of ranking can be misleading when you have only 5-10% of very active users
I don't really like this widget. I would like see more and eBay like model with stars,diamond etc..
any feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated
(End Personal Note)
My Contribution Tag Cloud
Use Case: Show all Contribution Tags of a user ordered by Tag Equity (Social value of a tag)
Objective: Show a users expertise based on her/his overall contribution
- need a clear tagging policy.
- Skills (tags) should be suggested during content creation
- can be combined with Contribution Listing widget via inter-widget communication
My Contribution Listing
Use Case: Show all Contributions from user ordered by Information Equity (Social value of an information)
Objective: Show a users contributions with the highest social value
- can be combined with Contribution Tag Cloud widget via inter-widget communication
This are set of widgets which are related to all or to a specific community
Use Case: Show the top xx communities
Objective: Motivate communities to get into the top ranking of all communities
Top Contributors - Top Countries
Use Case: Show the top xx contributors or countries of all or a specific community
Objective: Motivate people to get into the top ranking of a community
- if a user is not in the top x ranking but is part of the community her/his ranking is shown at the bottom of the widget
Use Case: Show the top xx content of all or a specific community
Objective: Show the most valued content of a community
- if a user looking at this widget - own content she/he has authored is shown in bold
We can use the tag cloud or listing widget to show the most valued content of a community
or a specific widget to show the top content. Furthermore there is an activity widget which shows the details per content (URL)
Use Case: Show the top xx experts for tag x
Objective: Automatically calculate expertise of users (our countries with expertise) based on the social feedback they receive on their contributions
This is probably the coolest expert location model today as it calculates experts based on contributions of a user and the
social feedback of the entire community
What's next ?
We are tuning the mathematical model and history service to provide time bound Equity.
As example we want to show to most valued person,content or community during a specific time period.