Web 2. 0 dynamics
Before we work on the strategy we should first try to understand what is happening in the Web 2.0 space.
In recent presentations I summarized the trend with:
(and yes I mean Exhibitionism in a positive sense :-) )
The web move towards a social read/write web.
Everything will have a publish button ! (This is Tim Brays vision around the ATOM protocol- see recent interview)
- expressing themselves trough blogging, flickring, youtubing, twittering etc.
- contributing on wikis, forum and share their best practices, know-how
- building large open source applications with excellent quality and vibrant community support
- active participating trough rating, commenting content, downloading videos, photos, blogs
- are building social contexts by join social sites like facebook, linkedin, xing etc.
- having fun by leveraging mashups like google maps, etc.
and what is happening with the good old Intranet ?
- boring portals centric sites with mainly top down information flow
- complicated access from the Internet via VPN, SecureID Card etc.
- stale and obsolete content
- inefficient search
... and a lot of frustrated users escaping from the Intranet - and start using Facebook, Ning or other Social sites and have fun ....
Web 2.0 Paradigm Shifts
So - what are the paradigm shifts ?
Enterprise 2.0 Strategy
ok - so how can we build a strategy around the paradigm shifts ?
pretty easy ... it just needs three elements
1. Who am I (people centric)
We need to change from a web centric to a people centric view
- Who am I ?
- What are my contributions ?
- What are my skills ?
- What are my interests ?
- What is my social network ?
- What is my value in the community ?
(looks a bit like Facebook :-) )
2. What I need
Make all your enterprise resources and content mashup ready
- turn your resources into web services
- tag all your content (enterprise tagging service)
- capture the social value of your content and resources (enterprise rating/commenting service)
3. Personal Mashup
Analyze the needs from your users and build dynamic and personalized mashup services
between the users need and the enterprise resources
- tags/metadata are key for todays mashup services. Semantic based mashup will be the killer app...
- combined with a community value system will add quality and predictability to the mashup
In my next blog post I will describe an Enterprise 2.0 architecture
Technorati Tags: CE 2.0, Enterprise2.0, Web 2.0