The "Five Things" meme finally reaches me
By PeteH on Jan 08, 2007
As a measure of my lack of connectedness in the universe the "Five Things" meme has only just reached me. The only saving grace is that Wikipedia is yet to have an article on it
So, in the spirit of the meme, here's five things you may not already know about me:
- I was filmed around 1980 for the BBC Wales television production of "The Life and Times of David Lloyd George" where as a skinny little lad I sat on the bar in a mocked up Irish bar singing "Believe me if all those endearing young charms". I can still remember the words and song. I was left on the cutting room floor but despite my lack of appearance I was still paid when it was sold to other countries. If I recall correctly I had one cheque for 96p and another for 8p - I should find them and frame them.
- I trained as a BBC engineer alongside Kate Bellingham who IIRC was known as Dilly at the time. Great company and fond memories of my time at Wood Norton.
- I'm short sighted in my left eye and long sighted in my right.
- I grew up near Cardiff in South Wales but, according to friends, have no trace of a Welsh accent. Sadly I failed Welsh at O-level. Twice. With a D, then an E. I'm obviously not cut out for languages.
- I was married in 2000 in a very beautiful medieval Italian town called Genazzano. Lots of friends and family came out for a two week holiday where we stayed in a tumble-down villa, self-catered from the local markets and enjoyed the sunshine, scenery, food, wine and company.
So now, who shall I tag? How about Stace?