By Matthew Haavisto-Oracle on Oct 31, 2016
So you've started adopting PeopleSoft's Fluid User Interface to provide a better experience and mobility for your user communities. Great! For those of you that are taking an extra step and are doing some of your own development in Fluid, we offer some guidelines to help with your development efforts. These docs will help you create home pages, components, and navigation flows that are consistent with those delivered by PeopleSoft's application development teams.
There is a compendium article on My Oracle Support that provides links to several useful guides: FLUID UI: PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface Supplemental Documentation (Doc ID 1909955.1)
Here are some of the guides you'll find on this page:
- Cascading Style Sheet Guide for PeopleSoft Fluid: Contains descriptions of delivered CSS styles. Using this information will be helpful for creating custom fluid applications as well as extending current CSS features delivered in your PeopleSoft applications.
- Pivot Grid Security: Provides information about security for Real-time Component Search in the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface mode.
- PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface Programming Fundamentals: Covers advanced topics related to creating fluid applications.
- Converting Classic Components to PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface: Provides descriptions of the steps involved in a sample scenario of converting a classic page to a fluid page, helping to illustrate the concepts of fluid development.
- Fluid User Interface and Navigation Standards: A set of guidelines and standards for applying the recommended techniques of fluid application development.
In addition, there is a great Fluid User Interface Design Standards document available here.
If you want to insure that your applications perform optimally, check out this red paper on performance for Fluid.
Of course there is a lot of good information in PeopleBooks too, but these resources go further.