Friday Apr 26, 2013
Wednesday Feb 06, 2013
Oracle and PeopleSoft Development Announce the General Availability of PeopleTools 8.53 [links fixed]
By PeopleTools Strategy on Feb 06, 2013
This latest release of PeopleSoft PeopleTools provides a new level of usability and productivity within PeopleSoft applications and enables PeopleSoft customers to manage their total cost of ownership for PeopleSoft applications. While PeopleTools 8.53 is the enablement platform for the next planned release of PeopleSoft applications (release 9.2) it also delivers value to customers with existing PeopleSoft deployments. This release fundamentally improves our applications at many levels. The user experience is on par with or better than other applications on the market today. We've also introduced important improvements in how customers deploy, scale, and update our applications with features like virtualization and the PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM).
Here are some of the major improvements in this release:
- Oracle’s Secure Enterprise Search – Provides secure, free-text search within PeopleSoft applications across multiple objects and multiple applications for a more streamlined search-driven navigation approach.
- Related Actions – Enables end users to take relevant actions on objects within the context of transactions rather than using lengthy traditional menu paths.
- Activity Guides – Provides for the deployment of guided business processes, which facilitate a variety of activities from self-service to administration.
- Pivot Grids – Offers self-service, real-time, multi-dimensional analytics embedded into PeopleSoft applications providing end users with the actionable information needed to make decisions.
- WorkCenters – Consolidates user tasks, exceptions, alerts, links, reports, and queries into a single, secure, role based “command center” that can be personalized and configured by end users for increased productivity.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) – Improves use and support of CSS and enables customers to easily configure their PeopleSoft system to reflect organizational branding (e.g. color, graphics, etc.).
- Oracle Private Cloud Deployments of PeopleSoft – Enables multiple PeopleSoft application instances to be consolidated on Oracle Exalogic, providing high capacity and performance, dynamic scaling and provisioning using Oracle Virtualization. This also dramatically improves system management, patching, and maintenance. All of this reduces total cost of ownership.
- Secure by Default - As part of Oracle Secure by Default initiative, PeopleTools 8.53 will request passwords for delivered accounts necessary for system initialization and disabling other sample accounts. We will also be delivering a salted SHA-1 hash for PeopleSoft passwords. The salted SHA-1 hash enhancement will not affect upgrades.
Early testing with this release has already generated enthusiastic reviews, and we have had positive feedback from customers at conferences and corporate visits. We look forward to similar favorable responses as more customers upgrade.
There is much more in this important release. Please see the PeopleTools 8.53 Release Notes, available on My Oracle Support.
Documentation and training is also available here:
PeopleTools 8.53 Documentation Home page
PeopleTools 8.53 Installation Guides
PeopleTools 8.53 Upgrade Home page
Saturday Jul 07, 2012
By Greg Kelly-Oracle on Jul 07, 2012
The Oracle PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 Release Value Proposition (RVP) can be found at: https://supporthtml.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id=1473194.1
The PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 release continues Oracle’s commitment to protect and extend the value of your PeopleSoft implementation, provide additional technology options and enhancements that reduce ongoing operating costs and provide the applications user a dramatically improved experience.
Across the PeopleSoft product development organization we have defined three design principles: Simplicity, Productivity and Total Cost of Ownership. These development principles have directly influenced the PeopleTools product direction during the past few releases.
The scope for the PeopleTools 8.53 release again builds additional functionality into the product as a result of direct customer input, industry analysis and internal feature design. New features, bug fixes and new certifications found in PeopleTools 8.53 combine to offer customers improved application user experience, page interaction, and cost-effectiveness.
Key PeopleTools 8.53 features include:
· PeopleSoft Styles and User Interaction Model
· PeopleSoft Data Migration Workbench
· PeopleSoft Update Manager
· Secure by Default Initiative
Be sure to check out the PeopleSoft Update Manager.
Many other things are also happening in this time frame.
· See the posting on the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub https://blogs.oracle.com/peopletools/entry/introducing_the_peoplesoft_interaction_hub
· The application 9.2 RVPs will also be published over the next few months
· If you haven't seen it, check out John Webb's posting on the PeopleSoft Information Portal https://blogs.oracle.com/peoplesoft/entry/peoplesoft_information_find_it_quickly
- PeopleTools CPU analysis and supported versions of PeopleTools (update for July 2015 CPU)
- Upgrade your SES Database From 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 for the PeopleSoft Search Framework
- New PeopleSoft Technology Spotlight Series Available
- Were you at Alliance, Collaborate, Interact this year, or wished you were?
- Coming Soon - PeopleTools Customer Beta Program
- Interaction Hub Image Now Available on the PeopleSoft Update Manager Home Page
- Cost of PeopleSoft vs SaaS and Other Options
- The PeopleTools CAB is Looking to Expand
- New Info Center for Planned Features and Enhancements
- Have You Deployed Fluid Apps Yet? Would You Like To Speak About it at Oracle Open World?