In this episode, Rebekah Jackson and the guests on the show talk about the new features in PeopleTools 8.59 and Cloud Manager 12. By the end of this episode, you should be able to gain a better understanding of:
- Enhancements to User Experience, changes to Navigation and Search functionality.
- Developments in areas such as Analytics (Kibana) and Integration of Cloud technologies (i.e. Oracle Digital Assistant).
- The latest features in PeopleTools 8.59.
- The most efficient ways to deploy and maintain your PeopleSoft environments.
- What Policy Manager is (delivered as part of PeopleSoft Cloud Manager 12) and its benefits.
The episode starts with a discussion between Willie Suh and Rebekah on User Experience (especially around the enhanced navigation and the Search functionality). As this segment progresses, the discussion shifts to Kibana & Analytics also touching upon areas like deploying Chatbots with Oracle Digital Assistant (ODA). Later on, Willie talks about what the customers can expect from PeopleTools 8.59 to improve Lifecycle Management, including
- Automatic download and application of PRPs to Application Images.
- Ability to automatically merge PeopleCode customizations with any changes to the PeopleCode that Oracle has delivered.
One of the highlights of this episode is the introduction of the ‘Lightning Round.’ One of the guests on the show is asked about a specific feature and is expected to reveal 'what it is' and 'why it matters to the customer.' See what Willie’s opinions are on the newest PeopleTools features.
Following this segment, Rebekah talks with Dave Bain about the improvements in administering and managing PeopleSoft with PeopleTools 8.59 and Cloud Manager 12. In this segment, Dave introduces ‘Policy Manager’ and how it saves a lot of human time and human cost by automating many processes that customers have historically been done manually or haven’t been possible before. He also explains the three ways through which one can see the benefits of leveraging Policy Manger
- Improving efficiencies
- Automating operations
- Optimizing your resources
Don’t miss the Top 5 segment, where five Oracle PeopleSoft experts share their ‘Top 5’ picks of the PeopleSoft 8.59 and Cloud Manager 12 features, which you can get your hands-on and put to good use…
- Menu search with suggestions - “The new menu search with suggestions allows end-users to search for pages or places in PeopleSoft instead of navigating to a menu. Just type in the page or function you are looking for…” - Ramasimha Rangaraju, Sr. Director, Oracle Applications Development.
- Policy Manager – “The Policy Manager with the new Cloud Manager 12 further simplifies automation and management of PeopleSoft application on Oracle Cloud” – Biju Narayanan, Sr. Director, Oracle Applications Development.
- PUM Automated Updates – “The new PUM Automated Updates provides [you] the option to schedule and automate several key maintenance activities.” – Tim Durant, Sr. Director, Oracle Applications Development.
- Application Services Framework – “…Simplifies the process of creating and maintaining provider REST services. We've created the framework to ensure our integrations including Chatbot integrations are REST compliant.” – Jody Schnell, Director, Reporting Tools, Oracle
- Process Scheduler Improvements – “…[You] can make lots of changes including [the] introduc[tion of] auto-refresh, so you no longer need to hit the refresh button to see the process run status or the distribution status…altogether process scheduler is now more streamlined and efficient to use” – Arokia Rajasekar Arokiadoss, Director, Oracle Applications Development.
The episode closes with Rebekah taking you through the “Keeping in the Know!” section and highlighting many important announcements and resources including these highlights:
PeopleSoft HCM Update Image 37
PeopleSoft HCM Update Image 38
PeopleSoft FSCM Update Image 38
PeopleSoft FSCM Update Image 39
PeopleSoft CS Update Image 20
PeopleSoft Cloud Manager Image 12
Top 10 most popular PeopleSoft blog posts of 2020
There is plenty to be excited about at PeopleSoft, as we move forward in 2021...
New PeopleSoft Trends And Insights – Announcing the First Ever PeopleSoft Innovators Report!
PICASO - The PeopleSoft Digital Assistant