PeopleTools provides the underlying technology for Oracle’s PeopleSoft applications and we’ve just updated our Oracle University training to make sure you can maximize the implementation and ongoing support for all of your PeopleSoft applications utilizing new rich features of PeopleTools 8.57. A deeper understanding of PeopleTools functionality allows you to make the most of the inherent flexibility and adaptability that further enhances your application business processes and usability.
Since PeopleSoft’s inception, PeopleTools has provided implementers and administrators the ability to develop new applications or customize existing applications, administer deployed applications, provide decision support and reporting functionality, integrate PeopleSoft applications with other PeopleSoft applications or third-party applications, and easily upgrade and update your applications using our image update functionality as part of our industry-leading lifecycle management.
PeopleTools 8.57 offers even more cost-cutting and ease-of-implementation features and we’ve updated and included new content in our latest PeopleTools courses including:
- Updated navigation and examples based on the Fluid interface.
- Updated search examples showing multi-facet selections.
- Enhanced capabilities for end-user personalization.
- New application design features including Fluid page preview.
- Ability to define a standard update change package in Change Assistant.
- Plus, new lessons and activities on push notifications, advanced Fluid page design, Fluid wrappers, and drop zones.
PeopleSoft PeopleTools Courses
For PeopleTools 8.57, we have updated 11 courses and introduced one new course. All of these updated courses can be taken by attending an in-person, instructor-led class or by virtually attending an instructor-led class. In some cases, a course is available if your organization currently has an Oracle PeopleSoft Learning Subscription.
For more information or to sign up for a course, check out the PeopleSoft PeopleTools Training page on the PeopleSoft Information Portal.
- PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface. Introduces you to the development paradigm for the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface. Explore conceptual information, tasks, and techniques used to develop fluid applications. (Available through Learning Subscription).
- PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface: Advanced Topics. This new course presents Day 4 of the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface course as a one-day course available to students who have already taken previous versions of the Fluid course (Release 8.54 or 8.55). The advanced topics in this course build on the content and activities covered previously. (Available through Learning Subscription.)
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools I. Introduces you to the PeopleSoft application development methodology. Dive deep into the PeopleSoft system architecture and the toolset used to develop new applications or customize existing PeopleSoft applications.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools II. It helps you develop and configure advanced PeopleSoft applications. Learn to create applications that incorporate parent-child data structures, views, multiple occurs levels, subrecords, subpages, tableset sharing, and selected Fluid User Interface features.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools I / II Accelerated. Introduces you to the PeopleSoft application development methodology. Dive deep into the PeopleSoft system architecture and the toolset used to develop new applications or customize existing PeopleSoft applications. Then, learn to create applications that incorporate parent-child data structures, views, multiple occurs levels, subrecords, subpages, tableset sharing, and selected fluid user interface features.
- PeopleSoft Lifecycle Management and Update Manager. Teaches you to manage customizations, select updates using the PeopleSoft Image for your application, apply updates using Change Assistant, upgrade PeopleTools, and apply PeopleTools patches. You’ll use the necessary tools to accomplish these tasks, including Application Designer upgrade features, Data Mover, Application Data Sets, and Change Assistant.
- PeopleSoft Update Manager. This training covers the tasks required to set up and use the PeopleSoft Update Manager methodology for applying update maintenance to your PeopleSoft 9.2 and above applications. You’ll learn how to perform each task from installing the PeopleSoft Image to applying the updates to all your PeopleSoft environments, as well as upgrading PeopleTools, and applying PeopleTools patches.
- BI Publisher for PeopleSoft PeopleTools. Teaches you how to create custom BI Publisher reports in PeopleSoft applications. Learn to create templates and report definitions, including bursting, translations, external attachments, and running and viewing reports.
- PeopleSoft Query Reporting Tools. Teaches you how to design and run query reports using PeopleSoft Query, Composite Query, and Connected Query in a PeopleTools environment. You learn how to create queries, filter and refine output, run and download query data to popular output formats, and more. (Available through Learning Subscription.)
- PeopleSoft Application Engine. Covers the essential tools to work with PeopleTools Application Engine. The tools and skills learned in this course ground the participants in the structure of the Application Engine and prepare them for advanced applications.
- PeopleSoft PeopleCode. Teaches you how to use the essential tools to work with PeopleCode, PeopleSoft's object-oriented programming language. Learn through hands-on exercises.
- PeopleSoft Application Engine / PeopleCode – Accelerated. This accelerated training teaches you how to use PeopleSoft Application Engine to program batch solutions to manage data in a PeopleSoft database. Examine the Application Engine through discussions and demos.