Due to the Covid-19 problem, health concerns, and travel restrictions, the Alliance Conference has been cancelled. The organizers (HEUG) are considering other options like a virtual conference. All updates will be posted here: https://www.alliance-conference.com/
If you are a higher education or public sector customer, I hope you will be joining us at the Alliance Conference. This year the conference is in Philadelphia. Alliance is an event that we in PeopleSoft always look forward to. As a group, the attendees are well informed, interested in learning, collaborative, innovative, and eager to interact with us Oracle folks and share their experiences.
PeopleSoft/PeopleTools has a full slate of sessions again this year. Technical and functional attendees alike should be interested in many of these sessions.
- 7101 PeopleSoft: Beyond Hardening. A look at new threats What can you do when MFA and SSL/TLS are not enough protection? We'll look at what's available to help harden systems, but also examine other ways of reducing the attack surface with emerging threats and current concerns for security and privacy.
- 7071 PeopleSoft Analytics Highlights PeopleSoft has always offered a variety of options for reporting and analytics. Some new additions provide additional power, convenience and performance improvements. Features like Analytic Thresholds and Personalized Analytic Notifications not only provide information, they change the way users interact with PeopleSoft applications. Kibana offers new analytic and visualization options while providing performance not previously possible. These new options offer better decision support and improved interaction for your users.
- 7106 Deploying Chatbots with the PeopleSoft Chatbot Integration Framework Chatbots are an up and coming technology that lets the user drive the application user interface using natural language instructions. PeopleTools has delivered technology that make deploying chatbots delivered by application teams or building custom chatbots that integrate with PeopleSoft Applications easy. In this session we'll cover the easiest way to get chatbots up and running in your organization.
- 7070 PeopleSoft Technology Roadmap Oracle continues to invest in PeopleSoft PeopleTools technology. In this session, you will hear about some of the key features delivered in the latest PeopleTools release. Topics covered are PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface, Oracle’s full suite of cloud-ready lifecycle management tools (including PeopleSoft Cloud Manager), simplified analytics, emerging technology and more. Oracle’s strategy is to continue to extend the value of your PeopleSoft investment.
- 7081 Customer Panel - Benefits of PeopleSoft on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure You have heard about Oracle Cloud but do you know how PeopleSoft customers are taking advantage of the new offerings? Find out how Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, PeopleSoft Cloud Manager and other recent enhancements are benefiting customers. Attend this session and bring your questions! We'll have PeopleSoft customers and sharing their experiences and lessons learned while running PeopleSoft on Oracle Cloud.
- 7073 Emerging Tech: The Future of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana with PeopleSoft Elastic (the company that offers the ELK stack) continues to innovate and offer new capabilities for their core products. This provides a wealth of opportunities for PeopleSoft and our customers through PeopleSoft’s adoption and integration of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana. Learn what the future may hold for PeopleSoft and our incorporation of Elastic products, and how your institution can benefit from their use
- 7072 What's New With the Fluid User Interface PeopleSoft continues to enhance the Fluid User Interface, adding new features and improving the look and feel. Another important and differentiating aspect of PeopleSoft is the ability to configure the UI to meet your important unique requirements, and there are enhancements in that area too. Learn about the latest changes that are offered with PeopleTools 8.58, and how you can benefit from them.
- 7080 2020 Vision - Seeing the Capabilities and Benefits of PeopleSoft Cloud Manager PeopleSoft has invested a lot of resources to simplify environment management in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. PeopleSoft Cloud Manager will help maximize your efficiency and reduce the effort it takes to provision and maintain application environments. Find out how PeopleTools patches and upgrades have been completely automated. This session will highlight all the new features of Cloud Manager, as well as discuss some of the future enhancements we're evaluating. If you want reduce costs, simplify patching and speed up environment availability... this session is for you!
- 7076 PeopleTools Platform and Infrastructure Overview Is your PeopleSoft infrastructure ready for PeopleTools 8.57 and beyond? Have you made the switch to Visual COBOL? Did you perform your first one-click PeopleTools upgrade using PeopleSoft Cloud Manager? This session walks you through Oracle’s PeopleTools certifications (including PeopleTools 8.58) for operating systems, databases, browsers, search and other components certified with PeopleTools. We'll discuss the timelines and options for the migration to Visual COBOL, and highlight new features delivered with Cloud Manager. This session provides the information you need to ensure your PeopleSoft infrastructure remains certified for your PeopleSoft environments.
- 7102 Where will AI/ML enhance PeopleSoft applications AI/ML for some is a solution looking for a problem. We will examine near term and roadmap use cases for PeopleSoft Applications. Look at how AI/ML is being proposed both by applications development and by customers exploring the features. We will also look at how industry experts and thought leaders see this technology being adopted.
- PeopleTools Product Strategy Panel Discussion There are many sessions at Alliance where you can listen and learn about a particular topic from one or two experts. Attend this session to engage in an open discussion with key members of Oracle's PeopleTools Product team. You will be able to ask questions, hear their thoughts, and gain their insight into the PeopleSoft product direction.
If any of these sessions sound good to you, check out the details for location and any date/time changes at the Alliance site. Here you can view the entire agenda including all session schedules, workshops, and special events. It's not too late to register!
Hope to see you there!