Related Content Framework--Great Things Happening
By Matthew Haavisto on Aug 09, 2011
Oracle/PeopleSoft introduced the related content framework in PeopleTools 8.50. This open and flexible framework enables applications developers and customers to incorporate almost any type of content into the context of a PeopleSoft page to enhance the user's ability to complete a business process or transaction. The related content framework provides the following overall features:
- Mash-up PeopleSoft transactions with collaborative, analytical, an informational content (PeopleSoft or non-PeopleSoft)
- Easy to configure and deploy. Can be done by SMEs.
- Can eliminate many customizations (services are configurations).
- Fully interactive, not read-only.
- Secure--Uses PS security, same as transaction pages.
Since 8.50, we've added several enhancements, and at Open World 2011, we'll be demonstrating several of the latest, including...
- The ability to display multiple services at once in individual pagelets.
- Option to display related services on the right of the page (can employ screen real estate more efficiently), and within Workcenters.
- Integration with related actions pop-up menus. (Results of related actions can be displayed in related content frame.)
At Open World, we will also be demonstrating how one customer is using related content to empower their users with some compelling use cases.
If you are interested, in learning about how related content can benefit your PeopleSoft applications, come to this session-- PeopleSoft Success: Using the Related Content Framework to Empower Users.