New Red Paper Available on Crafting a Great User Experience for PeopleSoft
By Matthew Haavisto-Oracle on Feb 07, 2012
Many people don't realize that they can craft a rich, web site-based user experience with PeopleSoft. Now there is a new Red Paper available that provides a practical guide for technical users, installers, system administrators, and programmers who implement, maintain, or develop applications for your PeopleSoft system. This red paper, provides a guide on how to configure a contemporary user experience using PeopleSoft Applications Portal.
The red paper contains information on the following essential topics:
- Creating a Portal header definition
- Customizing the Homepage Tab layout
- Customizing Pagelet Layout and Behavior
- How to build rich pagelets using Pagelet Wizard
- Creating Navigation Collection-Based Accordion Style Pagelets
- Creating News Publication Based Slide Show Pagelets
- Creating HTML Pagelets with Rich Content
- Navigation Collections (several topics)
The paper also cover application integration with Portal:
- Configuring Unified Navigation
- Consuming Content Provider Pagelets
In addition to the Portal, the new workcenter framework is also covered, as are Collaborative Workspaces.
- Customizing the WorkCenter Layout
- Customizing the Workspace Branding Theme
There is great detail provided in this paper, and should prove useful to anyone deploying PeopleSoft's Applications Portal.
Note: This document is available on My Oracle Support for all Oracle customers with a valid MOS login: