Friday Apr 26, 2013
Friday Apr 12, 2013
By Matthew Haavisto-Oracle on Apr 12, 2013
We've just published a new red paper that I think many customers will find valuable. The paper is a practical guide for technical users, installers, and system administrators, who implement, maintain, or deploy PeopleSoft applications and systems. It describes how to use PeopleSoft Interaction Hub to federate multiple PeopleSoft content providers (for example, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management [HCM], PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management [ELM], and other PeopleSoft applications) into a single portal system using single signon and unified navigation. The paper applies to PeopleSoft Interaction Hub 9.1 Revision 2.
There is guidance for the following topics:
- Configuring single signon for PeopleSoft Interaction Hub and PeopleSoft content providers.
- Configuring unified navigation to federate portal registries from PeopleSoft content providers.
- Configuring and synchronizing user roles and user profiles across multiple PeopleSoft content providers.
- Synchronizing user personalization across multiple PeopleSoft content providers.
You can get the red paper from Oracle Support here.
This paper supplements other information about the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub. For example, it does not describe the installation instructions for PeopleSoft Interaction Hub and the PeopleSoft content providers. That information is provided in other documents.
Using the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub as a gateway to all your PeopleSoft applications (as well as other content), provides a rich, web site-based user experience that can rival any contemporary web application. It makes navigation simpler, quicker, and more intuitive. It is also more engaging for your users.
This paper should prove especially valuable now that more customers can install the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub under the terms of the new restricted use license.
Tuesday Apr 09, 2013
By Matthew Haavisto-Oracle on Apr 09, 2013
Oracle/PeopleSoft provides documentation home pages on My Oracle Support for all of their products, including PeopleTools and Portal Solutions. These pages provide descriptions of and links to a wide assortment of collateral containing a wealth of information on many topics covering PeopleSoft technology.
If you are seeking information about PeopleTools and PeopleSoft Portal solutions, this is a great place to start.
- Upgrade your SES Database From 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 for the PeopleSoft Search Framework
- New PeopleSoft Technology Spotlight Series Available
- Were you at Alliance, Collaborate, Interact this year, or wished you were?
- Coming Soon - PeopleTools Customer Beta Program
- Interaction Hub Image Now Available on the PeopleSoft Update Manager Home Page
- Cost of PeopleSoft vs SaaS and Other Options
- The PeopleTools CAB is Looking to Expand
- New Info Center for Planned Features and Enhancements
- Have You Deployed Fluid Apps Yet? Would You Like To Speak About it at Oracle Open World?
- Fluid UI Development Training Available