Friday Apr 26, 2013
Friday Apr 12, 2013
By Matthew Haavisto-Oracle on Apr 12, 2013
We've just published a new red paper that I think many customers will find valuable. The paper is a practical guide for technical users, installers, and system administrators, who implement, maintain, or deploy PeopleSoft applications and systems. It describes how to use PeopleSoft Interaction Hub to federate multiple PeopleSoft content providers (for example, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management [HCM], PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management [ELM], and other PeopleSoft applications) into a single portal system using single signon and unified navigation. The paper applies to PeopleSoft Interaction Hub 9.1 Revision 2.
There is guidance for the following topics:
- Configuring single signon for PeopleSoft Interaction Hub and PeopleSoft content providers.
- Configuring unified navigation to federate portal registries from PeopleSoft content providers.
- Configuring and synchronizing user roles and user profiles across multiple PeopleSoft content providers.
- Synchronizing user personalization across multiple PeopleSoft content providers.
You can get the red paper from Oracle Support here.
This paper supplements other information about the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub. For example, it does not describe the installation instructions for PeopleSoft Interaction Hub and the PeopleSoft content providers. That information is provided in other documents.
Using the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub as a gateway to all your PeopleSoft applications (as well as other content), provides a rich, web site-based user experience that can rival any contemporary web application. It makes navigation simpler, quicker, and more intuitive. It is also more engaging for your users.
This paper should prove especially valuable now that more customers can install the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub under the terms of the new restricted use license.
Tuesday Apr 09, 2013
By Matthew Haavisto-Oracle on Apr 09, 2013
Oracle/PeopleSoft provides documentation home pages on My Oracle Support for all of their products, including PeopleTools and Portal Solutions. These pages provide descriptions of and links to a wide assortment of collateral containing a wealth of information on many topics covering PeopleSoft technology.
If you are seeking information about PeopleTools and PeopleSoft Portal solutions, this is a great place to start.
- PeopleTools CPU analysis and supported versions of PeopleTools (update for October 2015 CPU)
- PeopleSoft Information Portal--New and Improved!
- Cryptowall, USB's, emailed malware and "honor among thieves"
- Attending OpenWorld? Come and say HI!
- Oracle Open World Less Than A Week Away!
- Fluid Navigtion Design Guidelines Available
- New PeopleTalk on Security
- Accessibility Guide Updated
- Upgrade your SES Database From 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 for the PeopleSoft Search Framework
- New PeopleSoft Technology Spotlight Series Available