Friday Apr 26, 2013
Friday Apr 12, 2013
By Matthew Haavisto on Apr 12, 2013
We've just published a new red paper that I think many customers will find valuable. The paper is a practical guide for technical users, installers, and system administrators, who implement, maintain, or deploy PeopleSoft applications and systems. It describes how to use PeopleSoft Interaction Hub to federate multiple PeopleSoft content providers (for example, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management [HCM], PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management [ELM], and other PeopleSoft applications) into a single portal system using single signon and unified navigation. The paper applies to PeopleSoft Interaction Hub 9.1 Revision 2.
There is guidance for the following topics:
- Configuring single signon for PeopleSoft Interaction Hub and PeopleSoft content providers.
- Configuring unified navigation to federate portal registries from PeopleSoft content providers.
- Configuring and synchronizing user roles and user profiles across multiple PeopleSoft content providers.
- Synchronizing user personalization across multiple PeopleSoft content providers.
You can get the red paper from Oracle Support here.
This paper supplements other information about the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub. For example, it does not describe the installation instructions for PeopleSoft Interaction Hub and the PeopleSoft content providers. That information is provided in other documents.
Using the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub as a gateway to all your PeopleSoft applications (as well as other content), provides a rich, web site-based user experience that can rival any contemporary web application. It makes navigation simpler, quicker, and more intuitive. It is also more engaging for your users.
This paper should prove especially valuable now that more customers can install the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub under the terms of the new restricted use license.
Tuesday Apr 09, 2013
By Matthew Haavisto on Apr 09, 2013
Oracle/PeopleSoft provides documentation home pages on My Oracle Support for all of their products, including PeopleTools and Portal Solutions. These pages provide descriptions of and links to a wide assortment of collateral containing a wealth of information on many topics covering PeopleSoft technology.
If you are seeking information about PeopleTools and PeopleSoft Portal solutions, this is a great place to start.
- Jumpstart Patch Application and Installs with PeopleTools Templates
- Consumer Security for the season and Today's World
- Important! PeopleTools Requirements for PeopleSoft Interaction Hub
- New Interaction Hub Data Sheet Available
- PeopleTools/Interaction Hub Dependencies Doc--Updated for Revision 3
- New Central Resource for Info on PeopleSoft Update Manager
- Open World Recap
- General Availability announcement for Oracle Application Management Pack 22.214.171.124.0 for PeopleSoft
- PeopleSoft Interaction Hub 9.1/Revision 3 Now Available
- Adapting to the new PeopleSoft Delivery Model