Collaborate is a true user's conference. It's created by Oracle users and managed by the Quest user group as the official forum for PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Oracle Cloud Apps, and Database and Technology products. Collaborate is being held in exciting Las Vegas this year--a conference location everyone seems to enjoy.
We've found that this conference is aptly named. It fosters collaboration among customer strategists, users and developers along with Oracle teams and partners. Collaborate offers informative keynotes, hundreds of learning sessions (including workshops and hands-on labs), question and answer panels, and key topic tracks. In addition, there are receptions, networking events, and special interest group meetings.
As usual, PeopleSoft has a strong presence at the Collaborate conference, and PeopleTools is slated to provide many informative sessions. If you are in the Tools and Tech side of your enterprise, consider these sessions:
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools Technology Roadmap Oracle continues to invest in PeopleSoft PeopleTools technology. In this session, you will hear about some of the key features delivered in the latest PeopleTools release. Topics covered are PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface, Oracle’s full suite of cloud-ready lifecycle management tools (including PeopleSoft Cloud Manager), simplified analytics, emerging technology and more. Oracle’s strategy is to continue to extend the value of your PeopleSoft investment.
- PeopleTools Platform and Cloud Manager Feature Overview Proper planning for a new PeopleTools release helps to avoid any last minute scrambles. This should start with ensuring your intended infrastructure is fully certified and ready to be supported by Oracle Support. No one likes surprises on a go-live weekend. Come to this session and learn the key infrastructure differences between 8.58 and past releases. This session will also introduce attendees to PeopleSoft Cloud Manager and share the benefits it provides to customers including the automated PeopleTools upgrades and patches and a number of recent enhancements. If you're thinking about a move to the cloud, come to this session and see benefits PeopleSoft provides with Cloud Manager on OCI.
- Deploying Chatbots with PeopleSoft Chatbots are an exciting addition to PeopleSoft's user interface. They enable users to interact with enterprise applications in a natural, intuitive, and conversational way. PeopleSoft has delivered the Chatbot Integration Architecture to simplify deploying chatbots in PeopleSoft applications. It can also be used for building custom chatbots. Learn about what Oracle provides to develop and deliver chatbots, what you need to get started, and how you can deploy chatbots in your applications. See some examples of delivered chatbots.
- The Latest Features in PeopleSoft Analytics PeopleSoft has long offered numerous and powerful reporting and analytic capabilities. Now we're raising the bar by enabling Kibana visualizations in PeopleSoft. Kibana is an open source analytic application that uses Elasticsearch indexes to render rich visualizations. Since Kibana uses index data, performance is superior, and there is no impact on transactional performance. Learn how Kibana is embedded right in the PeopleSoft user interface, and how you can create your own visualizations. Another new feature is Personalized Analytic Notifications, which capture business rules and enhance the way users interact with PeopleSoft.
- LCM with Cloud Manager Migrating PeopleSoft applications has many benefits, one of which is an improved experience maintaining your application. In this sessions we will look at how a partial or complete migration of your applications to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure can lower your costs and simplify your maintenance process.
- Securing PSFT applications on OCI In this session, we'll review the way "Shared Responsibility" impacts the traditional approach to application and enterprise security. We'll also examine the tools available to provide additional, non-traditional, ways to protect your systems and data in OCI. OCI and cloud technology bring a wealth of security features, in this session we'll see how you can take best advantage of them.
These are great sessions, but don't limit yourself the Tools and Tech track. There are a lot of other useful sessions provided by applications, partners, and PeoleSoft users. See the Collaborate site for a complete listing of sessions, conference activities, logistics, and updates on schedules.
Hope to see you there!