Extended support for PeopleSoft Portal Solutions 8.8 will end in March 2011. This means that Oracle is not obliged to provide development support in the form of new features and fixes to Portal Solutions customers running 8.8 after that time. If you are on an older version, you should consider moving to our current release--9.1. Not only will you continue to receive complete support, but you will benefit from the many enhancements of the new release, including all the Enterprise 2.0 capabilities.
If you are on sustaining support, you can still receive technical support, but you will not get updates, fixes, security alerts, data fixes, etc. Here is the complete list of what comes with Sustaining support from the Oracle support policy:
Sustaining Support puts you in control of your upgrade strategy. When Premier Support expires, if you choose not to purchase Extended Support, or when Extended Support expires, Sustaining Support will be available for as long as you license your Oracle products. With Sustaining Support, you receive technical support, including access to our online support tools, knowledge bases, and technical support experts.
You benefit from:
• Major product and technology releases
• Technical support
• Access to My Oracle Support and Silver Creek Systems Support Portal
• Fixes, updates, and critical patch updates created during the Premier Support stage
• Upgrade scripts created during the Premier Support stage
Sustaining Support does not include:
• New updates, fixes, security alerts, data fixes, and critical patch updates
• New tax, legal, and regulatory updates
• New upgrade scripts
• Certification with new third-party products/versions
• Certification with new Oracle products
For more specifics on Premier Support, Extended Support, and Sustaining Support, please refer to
Oracle's "Technical Support Policies" here.
(Note: The PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal has been rebranded. It is now called the PeopleSoft Applications Portal.)