Rebekah Jackson joins our blog with a series of helpful hints on planning your upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2.
many ways that you might learn about new features and capabilities within our
releases, but if you aren’t sure where to start or how best to go about it, we
- Go to www.peoplesoftinfo.com
- Select the product line you are interested in, and go to
the ‘Release Content’ tab
- Use the Video
Feature Overviews (VFOs) on YouTube and the Cumulative Feature Overview (CFO) tool to find features and
- The VFOs are brief recordings that summarize
some of our most popular capabilities. These recordings are great tools for learning about new features,
or helping others to visualize the value they can bring to your
organization. The VFOs focus on
some of our highest value and most compelling new capabilities. We also provide summarized ‘Why Upgrade
to 9.2’ VFOs for HCM, Financials, and Supply Chain.
- The CFO is a spreadsheet based tool that allows
you to select the release you are currently on, and compare it to the new
release. It will return the list
of all new features and capabilities, by product. You can browse the full list and / or
highlight areas that look particularly interesting.
- Once you have a list of features by product, use the Release Value Proposition, Pre-Release Notes, and the Release Notes documents to get more
details on and supporting value statements about why those features will
- Gather additional data and supporting information,
- Go to the Product Data Sheets tab, and review
the respective data sheets. These
summarize the capabilities in the product, and provide succinct value
statements for the product and capabilities.
- The PeopleSoft
9.2 Upgrade page, which has many helpful resources.
- We recommend that you go through the above steps
for the application areas of interest, as well as for PeopleTools. There are many areas in PeopleTools 8.53 and
the 9.2 application releases that combine technical and functional capabilities
to deliver transformative value.
- We also recommend that you review the Portal
Solutions content. With your license to
PeopleSoft applications, you have access to many of the most powerful
capabilities within the Interaction Hub.
- If you have recently upgraded to PeopleSoft 9.1,
and an immediate upgrade to 9.2 is simply not realistic, you can apply the same
approaches described here to find untapped capabilities in your current
products. Many of the features in 9.2
were delivered first in our 9.1 Feature Packs. To find the Release Value Proposition, Pre-Release Notes, and Release
Notes for these releases, search on ‘PeopleSoft 9.1 Documentation Home Page’ on
My Oracle Support, and select your desired product area.