It may be cliché, but 2019 flew by!
It was a pretty remarkable year for the PeopleSoft community. We delivered hundreds of new capabilities in releases, shipping nearly every month. Customers rolled out lots of new features to their users. Many shared their stories to benefit fellow members of the community. And 2020 is shaping up to be even more exciting!
What were your favorites? Did you catch everything that happened?
I asked the PeopleSoft product strategy and management team for their inputs on the best features and moments of 2019. Here are the highlights from our team:
What was the most powerful, highest value capability PeopleSoft delivered in 2019?
- Chatbots, Chatbots, and did we mention, Chatbots? (this got a lot of responses)
- Chatbot Integration Framework – it supports Chatbots now, but there is considerable potential to expand that scope to directive driven integrations with external services
- Delegation Framework since it is an Enterprise-wide feature and customers have been requesting this functionality for some time
- Drop Zones, Event Mapping references, and Personalized Analytic Notifications
- Expenses GPS Mileage calculator, Supplier Scorecarding Analytics delivered to an Internal User, More Supplier Self-Service Enablement Features (Adjust for Supplier Time Zone, Sourcing Award Notifications, Supplier Personalizations, easier maintenance of their information), and so much more…
- Fluid Benefits Enrollment and Fluid Confirmation Statements – employees can now enroll in Benefits online for Open Enrollment, Fluid Life Events, and New Hires
- Fluid Position Management – It is the first project showing our commitment to modernize very foundational components that will help existing users and encourage more customers to adopt position management as part of their HR practice
- Fluid Workload Reassignment in Billing: Easily manage operational workloads with a simple Fluid interface.
- Integration with Oracle Internet of Things Asset Monitoring Cloud Service
- Kibana Analytics enabled with PeopleTools 8.58 - Hot off the presses, just released!
- Offboarding with multi-user activity guides
- Simple Fluid Journal with full Global Capabilities: Support all of PeopleSoft industries for a simpler, more accurate and efficient period close as well as distributed accounting for higher education and public sector.
What was your favorite PeopleSoft moment in 2019?
- All interactions with customers, especially when presenting on new capabilities we’ve delivered that a customer didn’t know existed.
- Announcing our biggest ever class of PeopleSoft Innovators.
- At Reconnect 2019, watching College of Lake County talk about their successful deployment of Fluid Open Enrollment.
- Customers showing high level of enthusiasm and excitement with everything we do - the way they come up to us at conferences and share with us the success they have had with implementing new functionality such as Offboarding and Onboarding feels very amazing.
- Getting the Oracle Digital Assistant and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure sales teams engaging with the PeopleSoft customers.
- Having a packed house for the HCM Roadmap session at Reconnect, with customers logging into a live image from their phones to experience the new Questionnaire Framework we released just two days prior.
- Hearing one of our largest Healthcare customers say in a large presentation that the new Fluid eProcurement is ‘gorgeous.’
- Hearing about all of the PeopleSoft customer success stories on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, using PeopleSoft Cloud Manager.
- It’s a tie…Paco’s demo of the Internet of Things with Maintenance Management at OpenWorld and our Lease Administration PeopleSoft Innovators.
- Not one moment, but the overall success of all of the conferences, webinars, focus groups, and global events.
- Taking a team picture on the giant swing at OpenWorld. We had a mix of strategy and development team members all together - the people we work with are a large part of why a lot of us work for PeopleSoft and taking the picture epitomized it.
- The Customer Advisory Board meeting, of course! So rewarding to see 100% attendance and commitment by our members, customers are still so passionate about PeopleSoft.
- The Epic reception at OpenWorld in September. The turnout of customers, partners, and employees was way up (66%+). Our team was overwhelmed to see many PeopleSoft innovators receive their awards and to experience the positive energy from everyone in attendance.
- Watching PeopleSoft customers adopting new features at a rapid pace.
Did we miss your favorite moment or feature?
If so, we'd love to hear it. And, we cannot wait for what 2020 has in store for the PeopleSoft Community!
On behalf of our global team, thank you for making 2019 such a rewarding year. Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season and a very Happy New Year!
The PeopleSoft Team