Monday Jun 23, 2014
Tuesday Jun 10, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Jun 10, 2014
Quest’s RECONNECT 14 is just around the corner and will be here before you know it. RECONNECT 14 is Tuesday, July 22 – Thursday, July 24 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Rosemont, IL. Quest’s RECONNECT event is a PeopleSoft-specific deep dive conference for the Quest community. Join Quest and hundreds of other PeopleSoft users for deep-dive education into all things PeopleSoft; from HCM and Financials to Applications Tools and Technology (i.e. PeopleTools) and Procurement (i.e. Supplier Relationship Management). RECONNECT also includes industry specific interest areas like those for Financial Services and Manufacturing and Distribution.
This year's event will feature many key players from Oracle’s PeopleSoft team including PeopleSoft Product Strategy leads and PeopleSoft Development leads. Nearly 50 of the more than 175 conference sessions will be led by members of Oracle including pillar-specific roadmap presentations. Create a custom agenda that fits your specific needs and interests.
The RECONNECT Advance Program is now available and includes:
- Who Should Attend?
- Keynotes and Super Sessions
- Full Listing of Conference Sessions
- Ways to Influence Future PeopleSoft Investments
- Trainings and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Offerings
- Onsite User Group Meetings
Don’t wait another moment, register now.
Monday Jun 02, 2014
By Mark Rosenberg on Jun 02, 2014
This is the first in a series of postings we’ll be making under the heading of Cool Tools You Can Use. Our PeopleSoft product management team identified the need for this series after reflecting on the many conversations we have each year with our PeopleSoft community members. During these conversations, we were discovering that customers and implementation partners were often not aware that solutions exist to the problems they were trying to address and that the solutions were readily available at no additional charge. Thus, the Cool Tools You Can Use series will describe the business challenge we’ve heard, the PeopleSoft solution to the challenge, and how you can learn more about the solution so that everyone can be sure to make full use of what PeopleSoft applications have to offer.
The first cool tool we’ll look at is the Validation Template for PeopleSoft Contracts Process Requests, which was first released in December 2013 as part of PeopleSoft Contracts 9.2 Update Image 4.
The business issue our customers highlighted to us is the need to tightly control but easily configure and manage the scope of data that any user can process when initiating a process. Control of each user’s span of impact is essential to reducing billing reconciliation issues, passing span of authority audits, and reducing (or even eliminating) the frequency of unexpected process results.
Setting Up the Validation Template for a PeopleSoft Contracts Process
With the validation template, organizations can easily and quickly ensure the software restricts the scope of transactions a user can affect and gives organizations the confidence to know that business processes are being governed effectively. Additionally, this control of PeopleSoft Contracts process requests can be applied and easily maintained and adjusted from a web browser thereby enabling analysts to administer the rules without having to engage software developers to customize the software.
During the field validation template setup, an analyst specifies the combinations of fields that must contain values when a user tries to setup a run control and initiate a PeopleSoft Contracts process from a process request page. For example, for the Process Limits component, an organization could require that users enter a valid combination of values for the business unit, contract, and contract type fields or a value in the contract administrator field. Until the user enters a valid combination of entries on the process request page, he cannot launch the process.
With the validation template activated for process request pages, organizations can be confident that PeopleSoft Contracts users will not accidentally begin generating invoices or triggering other revenue management processes for transactions beyond their scope of authority.
To learn more about the Validation Template, please review the Defining Validation Templates section of the PeopleSoft Contracts PeopleBooks.
Monday May 19, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on May 19, 2014
The new PeopleSoft delivery model enabled by the PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM), means the continuous delivery of enhancements and maintenance via PeopleSoft Update Images. In order to assist customer who are deploying PeopleSoft 9.2 and ensure they get the latest and greatest capabilities the PeopleSoft team periodically plans on delivering Revision Releases. Revision Releases are a recut of the CDs for PeopleSoft 9.2 that include enhancements and maintenance through the most current PeopleSoft Update Image. Upgrade scripts are updated so that the Revision Release is the scripts target. What this means is customers who are just starting their upgrade or implementation of PeopleSoft 9.2 process can go directly to the latest PeopleSoft Update Image.
As of mid March, 2014 the PeopleSoft Financials and Supply
Chain Management (SCM) 9.2 Revision Release (through PeopleSoft Update Image 5)
has been available on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
(OSDC) as well as for physical shipment. This recut CD for PeopleSoft Financials and SCM 9.2 reflects
enhancements and maintenance through PeopleSoft Update Image 5, and includes both the English and Multilingual versions.
In addition to the application CDs, the documentation on
OSDC and My
has been updated to reflect changes through PeopleSoft Update Image 5,
including the Supplemental Installation docs and Online Help. The upgrade
homepages on My Oracle Support reflect re-certification of the upgrade scripts through
PeopleSoft Update Image 5:
- PeopleSoft Financials/Supply Chain Management 8.9 to 9.2 (through Update Image 5) Upgrade Home Page (Doc ID 1629683.1)
- PeopleSoft Financials/Supply Chain Management 9.0 to 9.2 (through Update Image 5) Upgrade Home Page (Doc ID 1629700.1)
- PeopleSoft Financials/Supply Chain Management 9.1 to 9.2 (through Update Image 5) Upgrade Home Page (Doc ID 1629720.1)
A Revision Release for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) is currently planned for later in 2014.
Monday Apr 21, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Apr 21, 2014
COLLABORATE 14 just took place on Monday, April 17 – Friday, April 11 in Las Vegas, NV. It was another successful event driven by the Oracle user groups of: Quest International Users Group, the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), and Independent Oracle Users Group (IOUG). The event had approximately 6,000 total attendees with nearly 1,250 sessions and panels packed with first-hand experiences, case studies, and practical “how-to” content. PeopleSoft content was delivered through the Quest International Users Group with over 170 PeopleSoft-centric sessions. That included over 60 PeopleSoft customer led sessions and over 45 Oracle led sessions.
Most PeopleSoft conference participants attended Paco Aubrejuan’s (Oracle Senior Vice President, PeopleSoft Development) PeopleSoft General Session: PeopleSoft Update and Roadmap (Session ID: 109590). With an audience of over 400 people, Paco discussed how Oracle’s investments in PeopleSoft applications have transformed PeopleSoft into a modern enterprise software solution by providing:
- A consumer internet user experience
- Intuitive, process oriented business flows
- Contextual, information delivery
- Simplified productivity
- The enablement of a mobile workforce
- The ability to easily adopt and manage changes
The highlight of Paco’s session was the live demonstration of the new PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface (UI). The new PeopleSoft Fluid UI enables the delivery of PeopleSoft applications in a modern, intuitive, and personalizable way across multiple devices (tablets, smart phones, and desktops) regardless of operating system. Using the latest state-of-the-art technologies like HTML5 and CCS3 incorporated into the next PeopleTools release (PeopleTools 8.54), the new PeopleSoft Fluid UI is delivered via a device’s browser. It is responsive to a device’s form factor – this means application screens can be optimized to different sized devices and render the most appropriate information in a dynamic manner. In his PeopleSoft General Session: Technology Update and Roadmap session (Session ID: 108630), Jeff Robbins (Oracle Senior Director, PeopleTools Strategy) continued the discussion on how PeopleSoft truly is a state-of-the-art solution and how PeopleTools drives PeopleSoft innovation. Check out the PeopleSoft Talk with Jeff on the Power of PeopleTools.
Leaders from Oracle’s PeopleSoft product management and development team were on hand and conveyed the value of PeopleSoft 9.2 as well as the future investment strategy for PeopleSoft. A large number of PeopleSoft conference attendees indicated they were live or moving to PeopleSoft 9.2, illustrating the continued and growing excitement for the PeopleSoft 9.2 release. One force driving that excitement is the PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM). The PeopleSoft Update Manager revolutionizes how Oracle delivers new PeopleSoft capabilities and maintenance. With it, customers can self-select the changes they want to apply on their schedule. This enables customers to get more value from their PeopleSoft solutions at a lower cost via a new PeopleSoft delivery model. Michael Krajicek (Oracle Senior Director, PeopleSoft Architecture Development) got into the details of PUM during the Optimizing Maintenance Strategies Using PeopleSoft Update Manager session (Session ID: 108520).
This conference wasn’t just about PeopleSoft and what it can do. A significant number of sessions also shared how PeopleSoft customers can gain additional value from the rich portfolio of Oracle applications. From UPK and GRC Advanced Controls to Hyperion and Webcenter, Oracle product experts discussed the integration of these solutions to PeopleSoft and customer successes in these areas. All-in-all there was fantastic content for PeopleSoft customers delivered by Oracle, partners, and customers as well. Conference attendees can access uploaded session content here (conference login required). Mark your calendars for COLLABORATE 15 being held Sunday, April 12 – Thursday, April 116 in Las Vegas, NV.
Friday Apr 18, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Apr 18, 2014
In four days, Jeff Robbins (Senior Director, PeopleSoft Product Strategy) and I visited four cities in four separate European countries as part of our annual PeopleSoft EMEA tour. Events in each city were attended by enthusiastic PeopleSoft customers. We shared with them a consistent message that conveyed:
- Oracle continues to invest in PeopleSoft
- Oracle’s investments in PeopleSoft enable it to address customers’ needs for modern enterprise software
- Capabilities like the PeopleSoft Fluid UI and PeopleSoft Update Manager define PeopleSoft as a ‘state of the art’ solution set
- PeopleSoft and Oracle Cloud solutions are intended to complement one another
- Only Oracle provides PeopleSoft customers a flexible path to the cloud based on their needs and their timing
The first stop in the PeopleSoft 2014 EMEA Tour was in the Netherlands. There, the Oracle Benelux User Group (OBUG) hosted the event aboard the S.S. Rotterdam with over 100 attendees. At this event, attendees also heard from CGI as they shared their PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade plans that include incorporating their acquisition of Logica. From there, the tour visited the United Kingdom; about 100 attendees participated in UKOUG EMEA PeopleSoft Roadshow at the Oracle London City Office. Oxfam (check out Graham Smith's blog on their upgrade), Hays, and Greene King (a net-new PeopleSoft customer), spoke at the event about their PeopleSoft 9.2 deployments and usage of PeopleSoft Update Manager. Duncan Davies of Succeed Consultancy (the partner who implemented at Greene King) summarized the event extraordinarily well in his blog. In France, the PeopleSoft 2014 EMEA Tour was part of an Oracle Users Day (Journee Utliisateurs) that included PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, and eBusiness Suite content. Lastly, the PeopleSoft 2014 EMEA Tour visited Spain. There the local Spanish user group – Círculo de Usuarios de Oracle de España (CUORE) supported a lively event that included a focus on how the PeopleSoft team delivers local legal and regulatory requirements.
All in all it was a fantastic tour. It is an amazing opportunity to share the PeopleSoft team’s key messages with customers, listen to their feedback, and hear about their successes with PeopleSoft. I am already looking forward to next year’s tour.
Wednesday Apr 02, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Apr 02, 2014
The Higher Education User Group (HEUG) Alliance 14 conference took place in Las Vegas, NV last month and was a roaring success. Over 4,250 attendees participated in the event which is focused on Higher Education and Public Sector institutions using Oracle applications and technology. The vast majority of attendees at the event are PeopleSoft applications customers. The event kicked off with some major announcements from Oracle about its continued and committed investment in the Higher Education industry. These announcements were:
- Planned future release of a PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2
- Development of a totally new, cloud-based student information system
- Continued enhancement of Oracle ERP Cloud solutions to address the industry specific requirements of Higher Education institutions
In addition to these key announcements, the Alliance conference featured over 400 sessions were delivered by customers and partners with Oracle leading over 75 sessions focused on PeopleSoft. Jeff Robbins’ (Senior Director PeopleTools Strategy) “PeopleSoft General Session: Technology Update and Roadmap” session was the PeopleSoft highlight of the event with over 2,000 attendees. Other key Oracle led PeopleSoft sessions included:
- What's New in PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 and Beyond by John Webb and Maria Ana Santiago
- PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 Value & Roadmap: Do Much More with Less by Amira Morcos
- PeopleSoft Supplier Lifecycle Management 9.2 and Beyond by Alexandra Dhillon
- PeopleSoft Grants, Contracts, Projects 9.2 Value and Roadmap by Melanie Stapelman
- PeopleSoft New User Experience and Mobile Applications by Maria Ana Santiago
- Optimizing Maintenance Strategies Using PeopleSoft Update Manager by Mike Krajicek
The Alliance conference is always a great opportunity for the PeopleSoft team to interact with customers and listen to their feedback. This year the team met with dozens of customers and the overwhelming sentiment was the investments Oracle is making in PeopleSoft are the right ones and are adding value to their organizations. Customer’s expressed to the PeopleSoft team that what’s already been delivered in PeopleSoft 9.2 are “really good solutions”. One customer went as far to say, “The Activity Guide is the single biggest feature for them in their PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade.” The newly redesigned user interface and marketplace integrations in PeopleSoft eProcurement 9.2 drew praise from customers. End users can intuitively requisition goods and seamlessly search marketplace items with supported integration to partner solutions.
Customer attendees at Alliance 14 also shared with the PeopleSoft team their efforts to expand the use of mobile solutions within PeopleSoft. There was a lot of discussion surrounding how to deliver PeopleSoft via a more modern, intuitive, and responsive user interface. Alliance 14 attendees look forward to when they can get the power of PeopleSoft into the hands of people on their campuses including Principal Investigators and Project Managers. In addition to mobility, Supplier Lifecycle Management (SLM) is an important focus area for the Higher Education and Public Sector customers who attend Alliance conferences as it is for many other PeopleSoft customers. Event attendees are happy with the PeopleSoft capabilities for self-service supplier onboarding already delivered in PeopleSoft 9.2. Customers shared with us their desire to see these capabilities expanded on in the future.
Legislative changes were also hot topics of discussion and feedback during the conference. These ranged from topics like DOMA, ACA, and OFCCP to the growing need for greater transparency in how institutions track and report funds. Attendees were pleased to see the PeopleSoft team led sessions addressing these topics. Furthermore customers were happy to see the PeopleSoft team’s heavy focus on increasing the flexibility of PeopleSoft applications allowing them to adapt their processes and systems. This focus ultimately means PeopleSoft customers can address the legislative changes more effectively and at a lower cost.
While the PeopleSoft team greatly appreciates feedback from our customers; customers at Alliance 14 conveyed their gratitude towards the PeopleSoft team for listening to their needs and ensuring their requirements were incorporated in to PeopleSoft applications. As an attendee from the University of Kansas said, “Meeting with the PeopleSoft team justifies coming to the conference.” This goes to show that participating in PeopleSoft user groups, whether they be HEUG, Quest, or OHUG (Oracle HCM Users Group) is a good way to be hear and influence the direction of PeopleSoft.
Wednesday Mar 19, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Mar 19, 2014
A focus area for sessions at Oracle OpenWorld 2014 in San Francisco is to highlight customer successes with the latest PeopleSoft release, PeopleSoft 9.2. With PeopleSoft 9.2 available for a year now, more and more customers are upgrading and deploying PeopleSoft 9.2 every day. If you are one of these customers, we want to hear from you! If your organization is interested in sharing your PeopleSoft 9.2 success story there are unique opportunities to do so at Oracle OpenWorld and via other forums. We will be awarding the best story received between now and April 30, 2014 one (1) complimentary pass to Oracle OpenWorld 2014 in San Francisco. So contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; tell us who you are, your organization, what PeopleSoft applications you are using, and a brief description of why you think your story is the best PeopleSoft 9.2 success story out there.
Tuesday Mar 18, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Mar 18, 2014
The Call for Proposals for Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is now open. Submit your PeopleSoft 9.2 success stories and other proposed session content today! This Call for Proposals will remain open until April 15, 2014.
Thursday Feb 27, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Feb 27, 2014
One of the marquee events for PeopleSoft customers is right around the corner. COLLABORATE 14 is Monday, April 7 – Friday, April 11 in Las Vegas, NV. COLLABORATE brings together the Quest International Users Group, the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), Independent Oracle Users Group (IOUG), Oracle, and customers for an event rich with education sessions, networking activities, and more.
As always, PeopleSoft will have a strong presence at COLLABORATE. The vast majority of session content for PeopleSoft is delivered through the Quest International Users Group with over 170 PeopleSoft-centric sessions planned. That includes over 60 PeopleSoft customer led sessions and over 45 Oracle led sessions. Leaders from Oracle’s PeopleSoft product management and development team will be on hand to deliver updates on the investment strategy for PeopleSoft applications as well as the value PeopleSoft applications can deliver today to customers. Key Oracle led sessions focused on PeopleSoft investment strategy and other key topics include:
- PeopleSoft General Session: PeopleSoft Update and Roadmap (Session ID: 109590)
- PeopleSoft General Session: Technology Update and Roadmap (Session ID: 108630)
- What's New in PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 and Beyond (Session ID: 108450)
- What's New in PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 and Beyond: Improve the Bottom Line (Session ID: 108770)
- What's New in PeopleSoft Supplier Relationship Management 9.2 and Beyond (Session ID: 108410)
- Optimizing Maintenance Strategies Using PeopleSoft Update Manager (Session ID: 108520)
- What You Need to Know to Get Enabled on PeopleSoft 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.53 (Session ID: 108390)
Another focus area for Oracle led PeopleSoft sessions is to highlight customer successes with the latest release, PeopleSoft 9.2. With PeopleSoft 9.2 being available for just about a year now, more and more customers are upgrading and deploying PeopleSoft 9.2 every day. If you are one of these customers there still is a unique opportunities to share your PeopleSoft 9.2 success story at COLLABORATE 14. If interested in sharing your PeopleSoft 9.2 success story at COLLABORATE 14, let us know. We will be awarding the best story receive between now and March 31 one (1) complimentary pass to Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco. So contact us at email@example.com; tell us who you are, your organization, what PeopleSoft applications you are using, and a brief description of why you think your story is the best PeopleSoft 9.2 success story out there.
This year at COLLABORATE 14, in addition to focusing on delivering important updates on PeopleSoft applications, the various product teams within Oracle have worked together to deliver content on the synergies between PeopleSoft and other key Oracle solutions. PeopleSoft attendees will not want to miss these great Oracle led sessions:
- Jump Start Your Upgrade with UPK PeopleSoft 9.2 Content (Session ID: 108420)
- Oracle GRC Advanced Controls For PeopleSoft (Session ID: 108700)
- Hyperion and More, Oracle's Enterprise Performance Management for PeopleSoft (Session ID: 108500)
- Accelerate Accounts Payable Processes with Oracle WebCenter (Session ID: 108790)
- Get to PeopleSoft 9.2 in the Fastest, Leanest, and Lowest-Risk Way by Using the Oracle Upgrade Factory (Session ID: 108800)
- Support in the Age of PeopleSoft Update Manager (Session ID: 108840)
So what are you waiting for? Register for COLLABORATE 14 now and I will see you there!
Wednesday Feb 19, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Feb 19, 2014
If your organization is planning to upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2 in the near future, then the time is now to train your project team members. Oracle University's PeopleSoft curriculum now includes new courses covering the latest release and each course is delivered by expert instructors who specialize in PeopleSoft.
Here are some of the top courses now scheduled for March and April:
PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
- Introduction to PeopleSoft for HCM 9.2
- PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 to 9.2 Delta
- PeopleSoft Human Resources 9.2
- PeopleSoft HCM Security Overview
- PeopleSoft Global Payroll 9.2
- PeopleSoft Payroll - US 9.2
- PeopleSoft Absence Management 9.2
- PeopleSoft Asset Management 9.2
- PeopleSoft Base Benefits - U.S. 9.2
- PeopleSoft Benefits Administration 9.2
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management 9.2
Need to fast-track your training? Consider one of the following Accelerated training courses which combine multiple courses into a single week of training.
- Intro to PeopleSoft/HR/Benefits Accelerated - US 9.2
- PeopleSoft Billing / Receivables Accelerated 9.2
- PeopleSoft Purchasing / eProcurement Accelerated 9.2
- PeopleSoft Purchasing / Payables Accelerated 9.2
- PeopleSoft Purchasing/Inventory Accelerated 9.2
Tuesday Feb 11, 2014
By John Webb on Feb 11, 2014
How often does your organization do upgrades? Are the same individuals who did the last upgrade still available? The answer to these questions can be critical to your upgrade success and indicate how your strategy should proceed. We've taken the guess work out of upgrades with the Oracle PeopleSoft Upgrade Factory. Experts from Oracle Consulting and product
development have combined years of solution expertise to create a best-in-class
upgrade methodology that helps complete your organizations upgrade to
PeopleSoft 9.2 in the fastest, most economical, lowest risk manner possible. With the Upgrade Factory you can leverage the know how of individuals who have performed hundreds of PeopleSoft upgrades both on premise and in the cloud.
The approach provides automated
processes, tools and labs delivered through our Oracle Upgrade Factory
capabilities – your upgrade costs are predictable, delivery is accelerated and
demands on your IT staff are decreased.
• Downtime by 30 percent
• Project costs up to 50 percent
• Post-live issues by 54 percent
• Project timeline up to 30 percent.
You can find previous entries in Upgrade to 9.2 - Info You Can Use series here:
Monday Feb 03, 2014
By John Webb on Feb 03, 2014
Organizations are often challenged to increase workforce productivity while managing operating costs, regulatory compliance and employee satisfaction. With inevitable variations between planned and actual labor costs, this balancing act is reliant on organizations being able to fine tune their human capital operations based on real-time business needs. To address this challenge and help organizations achieve a competitive advantage, Oracle has delivered strategic, timely information, focused on the time and labor management process, to managers and HR decision-makers with a new Oracle In-Memory Application for Oracle’s PeopleSoft. Designed to leverage the power of Oracle Engineered Systems and Oracle’s industry-standard PeopleSoft HCM applications, PeopleSoft In-Memory Labor Rules and Monitoring empowers organizations to effectively manage labor costs and policy rules in real-time. The solution complements PeopleSoft's existing Time and Labor solution.
- Leverage predefined, easily understood labor policy rules using natural language
- Use Oracle Policy Automation to create or modify existing rules to simulate, test, and deploy to production
- Empower managers to make more strategic decisions around employee time and labor by understanding exceptions and trends in overtime, absences, schedule deviations and other related labor data.
- Improve profitability and optimize resources by harnessing real time data on business needs and labor costs as it occurs.
- Reduce the risk and cost of non-compliance with labor regulations by pre-delivering labor rules, such as overtime rules.
You can learn more about this new solution here at Oracle.com. Additional resources can be found at the links below.
Monday Jan 27, 2014
Announcing the General Availability of PeopleSoft In-Memory Real-Time Bottom Line – Revolutionary Solutions for the CFO
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Jan 27, 2014
Oracle has launched a revolutionary new suite of applications to help the CFO drive enterprise profitability with timely well-informed decisions. Say goodbye to spreadsheet extracts and guess work based on highly summarized outdated information. Now you can continuously adapt to changes in the business environment and make decisions with confidence using real time simulation and analysis to inform your decisions. The PeopleSoft In-Memory Real-Time Bottom Line suite is initially focused on PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer and PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer.
Architected for Oracle Engineered System, this suite is a true example of hardware and software working together to provide superior value.
The Executive Suite and every management level demand constant information on the health of the financial position while expecting Finance to continue tracking daily activities, supporting the period close and automating regulatory and control imperatives. ERP automation has made it possible to provide a more comprehensive view of where the business is at today. In today’s economy and global reach, the CFO’s office needs much more than this. They need to easily and quickly evaluate the effect of the ever changing market trends, business conditions and organization directives.
What would happen, for example, if the following events occurred?
- Revenue expectations are not materializing in the current period
- Sales revenue mix between product lines shift significantly
- Regulatory changes that bring higher or lower operating expenses
- A re-organization is being contemplated
- A major acquisition is in process
- Expansion of IT Projects
Imagine if all these happened all at once and you have the perfect storm. Finance needs to accurately assess the effect of the perfect storm on the financial position earlier within the current period. Historically, Finance has pulled data out of the production environment and used spreadsheets for simulations. They have also utilized spin-off instances of the production environment to manage simulation of business and organizational changes. With this new suite of applications you can do what could not be done before – real time simulations and analysis of production data. The Finance team puts more focus on forward looking strategic tasks providing highly relevant decision support to the C-Level suite.
PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer allows Finance to support the CFO in making decisions before the financial close. The office of the CFO can now utilize the actual financial position instead of outdated spreadsheets to support comparative analysis of ‘what if’ business simulations in memory such as material transactions that may or may not occur, changes to the financial structure or reorganization of specific departments or businesses.
PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer allows Finance to simulate additions or changes to large and complex allocation rules that support business activities such as a reorganization of sales, an implementation of a merger or acquisition or a shift of costs and revenues for products, services or capital or IT projects. The executive suite can now truly uncover potential risks and make business course changes as necessary.
Figure 1. Discovering opportunities and mitigating risk through In-Memory simulations based on real time data
Both solutions allow
Finance to share real time result comparisons with business stakeholders
and make faster decisions that can greatly improve the bottom line in
the same financial period. Finance also gains efficiencies by
automatically applying configuration changes, such as ‘what if’
reorganizations, from memory to production.
The applications are engineered for Oracle Exadata and SPARC SuperCluster to allow organizations to simulate the financial position in-memory with capabilities like Flash Cache, Smart Scan and InfiniBand to dramatically increase the speed of processing and communication between production and the simulation space.
The solution makes the Finance team highly efficient through a step by step walk through of simulations as follows:
- Create a scenario, easily select configurations and version them so they can individually model out different possibilities
- Through the power of in-memory technology, graphically view & execute the many steps chosen for the model
- Simulate the hundreds of rules with lightning speed
- Review and compare scenario results in real time
- Deploy configuration changes with full control and security to production
If you’d like to learn more about the new applications and how they can give the CFO a strategic advantage in driving business performance, please take a look at the whitepaper, datasheets (linked below), and the Video Feature Overview, consider contacting your Oracle Application Sales Manager, or contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Real-Time Bottom Line Whitepaper
- Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer Datasheet
- Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer Datasheet
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Information Portal
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
Monday Jan 20, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Jan 20, 2014
Recently I, was interviewed about the new innovations in PeopleSoft 9.2. View this video here to learn more about the modern capabilities in PeopleSoft 9.2 that can help customers, like you, be more productive, reduce costs, and maximize your investment in PeopleSoft.
I also talked about how Oracle delivers new capabilities in PeopleSoft 9.2 and Oracle's new delivery model for PeopleSoft, which allows Oracle Premier Support customers to choose when they want to adopt new features and functions.
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Information Portal
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
Wednesday Jan 15, 2014
By Marc Weintraub-Oracle on Jan 15, 2014
Continuous Delivery of PeopleSoft Releases Provides Expanded Mobility and Business Process Excellence
Continued investment in Oracle’s PeopleSoft solutions results in the delivery of the PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4. This deliverable increases the considerable value of PeopleSoft by adding new capabilities to the previously delivered PeopleSoft 9.2 release – without the need to upgrade. These new capabilities provide expanded mobile capabilities, extend the value of PeopleSoft through integrations, and offer new features that enable business process excellence. In summary this delivery:
- Enables customers to add value to their PeopleSoft 9.2 applications with the release of the PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4.
- Demonstrates Oracle’s commitment to PeopleSoft by continuously delivering additional new features, functions, and enhancements to the existing PeopleSoft 9.2 release.
- Allows PeopleSoft 9.2 customers to use PeopleSoft Update Manager to selectively apply new capabilities from PeopleSoft Update Image 4 at their choosing.
- Provides expanded mobile capabilities, extends the value of PeopleSoft through integrations, and enables business process excellence.
Continuous Innovation of PeopleSoft 9.2 on the Customers Terms
- Oracle’s new delivery model for PeopleSoft consists of PeopleSoft Update Images being released approximately every 10 weeks. These PeopleSoft Update Images, like PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 (the fourth to be delivered) are cumulative. This means customers can leverage them regardless of what changes have or have not been previously applied. Customer use PeopleSoft Update Manager to apply changes delivered in PeopleSoft Update Images.
- Introduced with the delivery of PeopleSoft 9.2 and designed to reduce the cost to stay current, PeopleSoft Update Manager transforms how customers adopt PeopleSoft changes. With PeopleSoft Update Manager, customers can:
- Get Innovative New Capabilities without Upgrading
- Take Only the Changes They Want, Tailored to Their Specific Needs
- Determine When They Adopt Changes
- Retain Strategic Customizations
- Get Current Regardless of Prior Changes
- PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 provides expanded mobile capabilities for employees on the go with:
- The new Mobile Project Time Entry solution. This mobile solution allows customers to accelerate cash flow by capturing billable time from employees regardless of where they are on their mobile devices.
- Enhanced existing mobile solutions including: Mobile Approvals extended to Treasury and Mobile eProcurement which now can include punch-out supplier items.
- Mobile approvals via HTML email. Now customers can approve over 25 transactions including: job offer, transfer, promotion, purchase order, expenses, and more directly from their email client without having to log into PeopleSoft.
- Oracle’s PeopleSoft In-Memory Applications are unique solutions that combine best-in-class applications with high performance hardware that enable customers to make smarter decisions, reduce costs, and accelerate business processes.
- CFO’s can make proactive, sound financial decisions using the first two components of Oracle’s PeopleSoft In-Memory Real-Time Bottom-line solution (Financial Position Analyzer and Financial Allocation Analyzer). These innovative new PeopleSoft solutions leverage the power of Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic to allow finance departments to quickly model the impact of business changes, material activity, and allocation policy changes.
- PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 includes Oracle’s PeopleSoft In-Memory Project Discovery which helps customers improve decision making and gain a competitive advantage by providing visibility into projects and resources through the use of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
- PeopleSoft customers can extend the value of their existing PeopleSoft solutions through delivered integrations to value add Oracle Applications. PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 includes bi-directional integration between PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 and Oracle’s Taleo Recruiting Cloud Service. This out-of-the-box integration is also delivered for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1. In addition, PeopleSoft 9.2 Update Image 4 includes new integration between PeopleSoft Financials and Oracle’s Fusion Accounting Hub to aid customers in consolidating multiple General Ledger systems.
- New WorkCenters like the Asset Management WorkCenter and the Maintenance Management WorkCenter drive higher business productivity by bringing a user’s work (e.g. tasks, exceptions, and alerts) to them in a single, highly usable and interactive page. The existing Contracts WorkCenter and the Grants WorkCenter have been enhanced to deliver even more poignant, actionable information like contracts set to expire and grant milestone due dates.
- The free text search across multiple objects and multiple instances introduced in PeopleSoft 9.2 is expanded in PeopleSoft Update Image 4 to encompass PeopleSoft Supplier Contract Management content. Users can quickly retrieve accurate and actionable search results for a more efficient search-driven approach to navigating.
- In addition numerous legal and regulatory updates have been included in this PeopleSoft Update Image, including support for 2013 tax updates E and F for the US.
- Existing PeopleSoft customers and partners may access release notes including PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) Update Image Overview (Through Update Image 4) and and various other PeopleSoft 9.2 materials at My Oracle Support.
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Information Portal
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
This blog is dedicated to topics focused on PeopleSoft Applications, including Human Capital Management, Financials, Enterprise Service Automation, Asset Lifecycle Management, Procurement, Supply Chain and Customer Relationship Management.
For information about legislative updates to our PeopleSoft Applications see the PeopleSoft Legislative Updates Blog.
For information about PeopleTools see the PeopleSoft Technology Blog.
- Tell us About Your Fluid Story
- Leverage the Power of Your PeopleSoft Investment With User Conference Participation!!!
- PUM 17: All PeopleSoft Time and Labor, Big and Small
- Come and Collaborate with PeopleSoft Customers and Product Experts
- Collaborate 2016 - PeopleSoft Customers Buzzing in Las Vegas
- PeopleSoft delivers new functionality to support the Affordable Care Act
- Now Available – HCM Update Image 9.2.17
- Alliance 2016 - A Huge Success for PeopleSoft Customers
- PeopleSoft on Oracle Cloud
- Introducing Asset Physical Inventory with PeopleSoft Asset Tracking